• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

17 Assault

Bigfuse

Staff member
Country
Canada
Years Snowmobiling
50+
Snowmobile
2020 IndyXC 850
I have around 2500 miles on my 17 Assault. Started noticing that it would gain rpm after full shift out. Adjusted my chain at the beginning of the season. Not even 800 miles later had to adjust it a lot. Took it to my dealer and he found that behind the secondary clutch where the jack shaft bearing is mounted that the plate that the bearing is mounted in that all four fasteners are sheared off and the torque stop on the heat exchanger is broken off. Long story short. I'm getting a new tunnel and heat exchanger plus some miscellaneous parts. This is all on warranty cause I Snowchecked it and have bumper to bumper warranty til 2020. So remove your secondary occasionally and check those fasteners.

Wow. Thanks for the heads up. I know I will be taking a close look.

Are they actually doing a complete teardown and replacing the Tunnell?
Yes sir. Tunnel and heat exchanger that has the broken torque stop. 14 hours labour taxes in $5500.00 all on Polaris dime.

Back
Top Bottom