• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

1994 Indy 440 Flooding and bogging

Wilsonsk1966

Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
1994 Indy 440
Since I got my sled out this year it has been hard to start, I start with the choke on and it won’t fire, choke off, still won’t fire. Plugs are always wet, burn them clean then it needs open throttle and about 20 pulls to start. It also Is having trouble getting moving, just won’t go, it won’t open up, it almost feels like the track is stuck, then all of a sudden it runs normally.

I use it for ice fishing so it gets trailered a lot. The carbs were cleaned last year, once it runs normal it runs great, plugs look good.

I’m suspecting the needles are leaking gas into the motor, maybe made worse by the trailer ride bouncing the floats?

Any other ideas on the cause of this?

Where can I get Viton needle and seat sets for this sled? I get everything from Dennis Kirk usually, it doesn’t look like they have viton needles for it.

Back
Top Bottom