• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

1999 xc500 jetting

riva1

Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
2008 rev xp
Looking at parts fiche it says main is 370 and another chart says 370 is for -25 and colder. This thing idles good but doesn’t seem to want to clean out when riding. It was prob 20 to 25 degrees here and normally ride at zero or warmer. Sled spent life In Canada so wondering if need to drop to 350. Any help would be appreciated.

Looking at parts fiche it says main is 370 and another chart says 370 is for -25 and colder. This thing idles good but doesn’t seem to want to clean out when riding. It was prob 20 to 25 degrees here and normally ride at zero or warmer. Sled spent life In Canada so wondering if need to drop to 350. Any help would be appreciated.

Im sure that's the problem. It will run like crap in warmer temps buyt be aware not to tape the throttle when its get back to below zero

Ok so I have a 98 storm 800 with round slides a 1997 ultra 700 and a 1999 500xc. I need to replace jets in all of them due to they cam from Canada. Problem is I don’t know which jets to order and if all mikuni jets are the same. Any help is welcome due to I can’t find much info on net on carb model names to know what to order.

Ok so I have a 98 storm 800 with round slides a 1997 ultra 700 and a 1999 500xc. I need to replace jets in all of them due to they cam from Canada. Problem is I don’t know which jets to order and if all mikuni jets are the same. Any help is welcome due to I can’t find much info on net on carb model names to know what to order.

Based on the coming out of Canada? Elevation is whats important.

So after doing some checking the jets are correct. I did get to take the 500 for a ride this weekend and from a takeoff it is so loaded up but it will clean out but as soon as you come to a stop sign and take off it loaded up again. I was guessing the fuel pump was bad letting fuel through the vacuum line. Doesn’t appear bad as I took apart.

I know the belt is tight due to secondary closing too much and belt riding way high. So when it’s on stand the track will move when idling. Any chance this could cause motor to get more fuel?

So after doing some checking the jets are correct. I did get to take the 500 for a ride this weekend and from a takeoff it is so loaded up but it will clean out but as soon as you come to a stop sign and take off it loaded up again. I was guessing the fuel pump was bad letting fuel through the vacuum line. Doesn’t appear bad as I took apart.

check the pilots or maybe the flip choke is too tight.

Hmmm choke too tight. Didn’t think of that I’ll check when I get home. Thx.

So I loosened choke way up and it does seem run a lot better(on stand in trailer). I’ll have snow to run this weekend in U.P. to test it out. Not sure why it would ever be out of adjustment that much but?? Now I just need to figure out why these dam headlights get dim. Thx for the choke idea.

Back
Top Bottom