• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

2003 xc 340 driven clutch

Itsalbynoryno

Country
Canada
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
94 xlt
2003 xc 340
I replaced the old belt on this sled I just bought for the kids. It is quite tight to get over the secondary clutch however it's possible. Once I got it on and tried to fire it up the sled want to move forward. I figured i would try to adjust the deflection but i cant find access to an adjustment screw on the back of the clutch. This diagram shows one but how do I get at it?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181201-103455_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20181201-103455_Samsung Internet.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 554
Too adjust the width on that clutch you add or subtract the shim washers number 8 and 9 in your pic. The clutch has to be removed from the sled and taken apart. It is under spring pressure so you can't just remove the snap ring. It will fly apart. It can hurt you. You have to hold pressure on the helix, slightly compress the helix into the clutch, then remove the snap ring, slowly releasing the helix. The spring has a tab on each end. The tabs go into one of several holes in the helix and the sheave. Be sure to replace the spring in the correct holes when reassembling the clutch. You also have to slightly twist the clutch when reassembling it so the ramps clear the buttons. The bolt you see in the pic is what holds the helix ramp button on to the sheave.

Last edited:
Too adjust the width on that clutch you add or subtract the shim washers number 8 and 9 in your pic. The has to be removed from the sled and taken apart. It is under spring pressure so you can't just remove the snap ring. It will fly apart.It can hurt you. You have to hold pressure on the helix, slightly compress the helix into the clutch, then remove the snap ring, slowly releasing the helix. The spring has a tab on each end. The tabs go inot one of several holes in the helix and the sheave. Be sure to replace the spring in the correct holes when reassembling the clutch. You also have to slightly twist the clutch when reassembling it so the ramps clear the buttons. The bolt you see in the pic is what hold the helix ramp button on to the sheave.

Thank you for the reply. That explains it good and to go with a you tube video I found I think I'll be good. Just need to find the right size shims to put in and where to get them.

Back
Top Bottom