• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

2008 turbo dragon 4 stroke? Good? Or rebuild 600 cfi?

bigboreblr

Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
2010 polaris iq tour
2007 polaris switchback cfi
2020 skidoo grand touring (misses)
Blew up the motor on my 2007 switchback 600 cfi. Cracked the lower cranckcase....

Saw a 2008 turbo dragon 4 stroke with 5200 miles. They a reliable motor? Might drive that sled for a season and transplant into my switchback. Are they more or less a bolt in if I want to put the motor in my longer track? Really just drive groomed trails in NY. Guy is asking $2000 with aftermarker parts and a cover. It has a MRBP ? exhaust. I am in a stock exhaust only trail system. Think it'll be loud? I'm ok not having stock as long as it sound ok. I have the 2007 stock 600 cfi muffler if it swaps out.

Once yard / garden is caught up, I will be breaking apart my 600 cfi and see whats good. Saw a good used lower end for sale for 550. Thinking of putting relined cylinders and pistons ontop of it. Have to see if my cylinder head and power valves survived. Sled has 7500ish miles on it. Suspension seems good still. Track riped one stud. Stud is removed and basically a flap in that spot. Otherwise seems ok. Plastics are zip tied up from a crash. Seats nice. Needs a new set of wheels underneath though.

Back
Top Bottom