• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

2010 600 IQ touring replacement clutch

Iq2up

Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
2010 Polaris IQ 600 touring
I want to buy an new clutch for my IQ. I haven't been able to find a part number for one that will accept a ring gear. The loacal deal was baffled, he said that somehow that when the part #'s were superseded polaris didn't create one for the clutch with ring gear. So from what i can gather from the internet Polaris clutches have been the same for a while. Is it true that I could just get one for a newer electric start sled and put my spring and weights in it and it would work? any help would be appreciated.

Any newer clutch off a ES 600 should work, 800 is different bore opening to the crank.
Just curious why you are replacing and not rebuilding the current one?

I bought this sled used late in the season 2019. The clutch was a little wierd at low speeds but we only rode it a couple times before we put it away. So when 2020 season came around I completely cleaned it with soapy water thinking that's all it needed. Somehow this made it worse. It doesnt fully open then when it does it sticks in the open position. After this I bought a bushing kit and re bushed it. With the new bushings installed you couldnt even assemble it without force. So after doing some reading I removed the new( larger of the 2) and removed some material from the outside of the bushing and re installed it. This made it much better but still not right. So after battling it sticking off and on it has some small groves down low and I don't want to mess with it anymore.

ahh makes sense. some of those bushings are oil impregnated, so the soapy water probably wasn't a good thing.

Back
Top Bottom