• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

2011 RMK Pro 800 dropped water pump cover blew up

Michael Waganfeald

Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
2011 RMK Pro 800 163
EDIT:
I forgot to mention before the motor isn’t seized I pulled it with the killswitch engaged to see and it still pulls and hits compression. Just bought a 2011 RMK Pro 1,900 miles thing was running great not over heating sounded good was really paying attention since the sled was new to me. On my way back home bout a mile from the parking lot she made a nasty noise and lost power, I shut it off opened it up it had dropped all the fluid and The water pump cover was shattered. Any ideas what happened and if I blew the whole motor. Should I order a new water pump and see what happens it didn’t drop any oil when this happened.

Last edited:
To my knowledge it didn’t overheat I was watching the readout all day. But at that moment the trail was pretty wash boarded so my eyes weren’t on the readout. In the time I had to spend with before I had to go to work all I could see for damage was that the water pump cover where the hose attaches was shattered and laying on the bottom of the engine compartment. There wasn’t any smoke or steam. Or nasty smells. I won’t have time to to really dig into it until maybe tomorrow but probably Friday. When I have another day off.

Just did it to mine, if the water pump cover is knocked off chances a rod went through the case. will still pull over as the crank will still turn. Time for an engine.

Back
Top Bottom