• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

2014 Voyageur 550 low compression

Case450

Country
Canada
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
2014 Polaris voyageur 550 144
I have 110psi on one cylinder and 50psi on the clutch side cylinder. Does anyone here know what tools and parts I need to repair the motor? Do I need a head gasket? Crank seal? Clutch puller? Gaskets? I'm not sure what I need this is just what I'm guessing from some Google searches. I'd like to gather all the tools/parts/sealants or whatever I need before I tackle this.

First and foremost, what caused the failure. Until you open it up you will not really know what you will need.

I removed the pipe and muffler, removed engine cover, detached the carbs from the motor....I haven't removed the heads, the bottom of the jugs where they bolt to the top of what i assume is the crankcase is wet with oil.

Do I need to remove the recoil, the clutch and the entire motor from the chassis or take the heads off? I'm going slow and labelling everything in little baggies so i can reassemble things properly. Just looking for some direction so I'm not removing things in an improper order or making more work for myself unnecessarily.
Thank you in advance for any help, pointers, tips or tricks that can help me.

Should be able to pull the head and leave the clutch and the recoil.

Back
Top Bottom