• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

2015 to 2016 Assault 800 Differences?

James Burns

Country
Canada
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
TBD
Just sold my 2014 Cat XF 8000 and looking to jump on an Assault.

As much as I would love to get into the Axys chassis ('17 and up), it is just out of my budget so I am looking at either a '15 or '16.

So, all that being said, what are the biggest differences in the 2015 to 2016 model? Any major updates that make the 2016 a no-brainer over the 2015?

Or, anything in general to know about either of these models?

Any help would be much appreciated

No differences in the 2015-2016 Pro Ride Assaults. Make sure its using oil at a ratio of 50:1 range. Also add oil to each full tank. I just dump a cap full in each tank or at a ratio of 100:1.
Keep your engine temps below 150 degrees. Do a compression check as you would do buying any used sled. That should be 120s and cylinders within 3-4 psi of each other. If you can take a bore scope and check each cylinder for any scoring on the intake side, this is why we add oil to the tank for extra lube on that side of the piston
Have a look at the skid wheels/bearings and just a regular good inspection.

Back
Top Bottom