• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

2016 Axys 800

Polaris800

Country
Canada
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
800 Polaris Axys
Have a 2016 800 Axys when I fire it up runs great. Then dies just like someone hit the kill. Not even close to being warm yet then pull cord fires right back up. And it has stalled putting into reverse any one have an issue like this ??

Have a 2016 800 Axys when I fire it up runs great. Then dies just like someone hit the kill. Not even close to being warm yet then pull cord fires right back up. And it has stalled putting into reverse any one have an issue like this ??

Does it run steady at all or always stalls after it runs a min or 2?

It runs steady only seems to do it during warm up then after that seems good

It runs steady only seems to do it during warm up then after that seems good

Sounds like its cold blooded and just need a longer warm up time. Is that a EFI or carb'd 800?

It’s carbed I’m not sure why it would need to warm up more. I don’t move it till temp reaches 100. My 14 didn’t do it now that being said. This is a different motor it’s the Ho 800. Was told reflash might help some guys says does nothing. So I’m not sure do I just live with it lol

It typical for them to stall out when putting them into reverse if there not up to full operating tempature.
120-125 is ideal operating temp. Haven’t worked on the 800 carb models but I would double check your fuel screw settings they may be slightly lean. Is it dying when you hit the throttle or just idiling while it’s warming up?

It typical for them to stall out when putting them into reverse if there not up to full operating tempature.
120-125 is ideal operating temp. Haven’t worked on the 800 carb models but I would double check your fuel screw settings they may be slightly lean. Is it dying when you hit the throttle or just idiling while it’s warming up?

What about going bigger pilots?

2016 800 HO is fuel injected. Reflash would probably be your option, although the reflash was more for restarting a warm engine because they would sometimes run to rich when you would try to start the sled again.

Back
Top Bottom