• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Goggles are awesome, have aviators and x5. Like Aviators better.
Altitude helmet is loud and cold. I plugged intake vents. It helped alot with both.

I bought the sinister x5 and the tactical stealth matte. It's my first for everything. I guess I'll need my balaclava. I breathe like a yeti, I hope I don't have fogging issues.

I have two Sinister X5. One is polarized brown and the other goes from blue during the day and changes to clear at night. For cloudy days nothing beats Spy goggles with orange lenses.

Idk I'm a sweater so I don't think my head will be cold. Although I haven't ridden with it yet it feels pretty good.

I have a couple sets of sinister x5 and they have performed well enough the substantial nose guard is very nice . I have a altitude also and it has been serving me well for the past 2 seasons there are vent plugs etc under the liner in frt that I had to play with to get the venting right for me in most conditions.The visor has large cut outs in it and this pretty much eliviates the high speed helmet lift I get with all other open face that I have . Imo other manu. Should copy this alone no more helmet wanting to lift at 80-100mph. The bad is the helmet should extend a lil lower in chin area not enough deflection in that area. I bring 2 bakavalas with me each day once is pretty much a silk weight and the other is a klim (I forgot the specific name ) it has a sort of breath box attached to it and a small bib to tuck into coat between one or the other of these I've always been comfortable temp wise .but keep in mind in my area cold is -5 to -10 f not the extremes others deal with.

Thanks lid1, I've been looking at the balaclavas with the breathe box's from Klim and FXR
I have the FXR breath box and it works extremely well for me. I also have their helmet which has pretty large cut outs in the visor and I don't get helmet lift at speed. Also what works really well for cold days is the FXR 100% Merino wool balaclava. Man talk about toasty but you can't have any air leaks or wherever the air is leaking plan on getting frostbite.

I have the 509 Avaitor goggles and going to buy another pair to go on my soon to be purchased 509 helmet to replace my 8 yr old ($88) HJC that has seen more than one bad incidents and seen better days. Really like the Avaitors need new lens for this season, Ithink yellow this time!.

gtwitch in wyoming

Yellow is great for night time riding and pretty good all round i use the mirrored lens in the day and yellow at night i use to just carry the extra lens and change it on all day rides the only down fall with the Aviators is when driving over 60mph lots of wind and your eyes start watering i now use the Sinister much better google for all round for faster speeds and colder weather IMO i run Polarised black in the day and yellow at night i have used the orange yellow polarised Sinister day and night they worked well just my finding i would say go Sinister better all round less air less fogging
and X3 on the Klim Arctic Balaclava

Aviator's don't do that for me with my Motorfist helmet. I do carry a clear set for night and Fire Ice during the day. So far so good.

Yes the Arctic that you guys mentioned is the one I forgot the name of. I was using yellow during day and into the night but they really hurt my vision at night (maybe just my eyes) so I got another set of x5 sinsters with clear lenses which I switch out to as it gets dark. I also have the light rose lenses which I prefer during the day and seem to work better for me at night than the yellow but obviously not as good as clear.

I have not tried the KLIM Acrtic but I have 2 of the under aromr clavas that I really like, I may try the Sinister with yellow, as I am going to buy a new helmet and right now there is a very reduced price set of Sinisters with the purchase of the hemet. Need to get it together and just push the "Buy It Now" button!!
gtwitch in wyoming

what do guys think of 509 helmets and goggles? Does anyone own them?
All there new helmets are not that comfortable. The originals were good.

Goggles not great if you tried better ones

100% Goggles are really good and not expensive. All I buy now for sledding and dirtbiking

Sent from Galaxy S7 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom