• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

650 underpowered.

Davil

Country
Canada
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
2021 matryx vr1 650 137
Hello. My 21 650 would only rev to 7900. It has 600 miles on it and should be well broke in. The dealer wont do anything saying that it is not broke in. I put 64 gram weights in it and now it will pull 8100 but that is it. I have messaged many owners on face book and elsewhere and the ones they have pull 8300 with 66 gram weights right out of the box. Do I just have a slow one or could it be that polaris put the wrong mapping in the ecu? I have checked alignment and changed the belt and deflection is dead on. Put the delrin washer under the spring cup too.

have you checked compression?

Tight track, heavy / deep snow, warm air temp, heavy rider.......
Lots of non obvious reasons.

Have heard on other boards that some of the 650s are not performing so good. Some need more weight in the clutch and some like mine wont pull the weights that they are designed to. Going to the dealer to get checked out. Thanks for the help.

Have heard on other boards that some of the 650s are not performing so good. Some need more weight in the clutch and some like mine wont pull the weights that they are designed to. Going to the dealer to get checked out. Thanks for the help.
Out of curiosity has it occasionally stumbled on extended wide open pulls? There is a regulator that Polaris had a lot of problems with that would force it into the limp mode and my 650s power dropped off like yours, just a thought, My dealer had close to 50% regulator issues.

As mudgunner said check what fuel mode you are in. Both my 850 and 650 switched over to ethanol mode on their own last season pretty much at the same time, must have gotten a bad shot of gas, they way you describe your 650 was how mine was running in ethanol mode.

Quick and easy adjustment is tighten the throttle cable freeplay, you should only have .010”-.030” measured between the lever and throttle block at the widest point, opposite the pivot pin. Should only be that gap when you take the slack out but before you feel the throttle blades start to open.
Running stock belt?
Mine revved high right off the bat.

Stock belt. Changed to 10-64 weights and got it to rev to 8000. Dealer checked everything and did ssa21-1. I am thinking primary spring might be faulty. On one of my 850 sleds had a bad one right off the bat and the sled performed perfectly after changing.

Back
Top Bottom