• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

7S Bugs

Nivled

Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
2021 850 Indy VR1 137
2020 600 Indy XC 137
(SOLD) 2016 Yamaha SRViper LTX DX
(SOLD) 2014 Yamaha RS Vector LTX
The intent of this thread is to start a discussion on the bugs in the 7S display. This is not to complain or bash the display but to get out in the open and get people talking about them. I have contacted Polaris regarding most items on the list however they state they've never heard of any of the issues and think it's isolated to my unit. Hopefully with enough input Polaris will eventually see the post and this will assist in driving a software update for the display.

So far I've experienced:
  • Long Display Boot Times
  • Fuel Gauge is inaccurate
  • Screen/Map Freezing
  • Display won't cycle through screens just flickers when the button is pushed
  • Volume resets to low when ever the sled is turned off
  • Volume is too low when playing through the USB
  • Does not save trouble codes, erases them when the sled is turned of
Any one else experienced the same or different bugs?

I’ve experienced the first 4 issues on your list.

I’ve experienced the fuel type changing on its own. The map getting stuck in an endless scroll. Sometimes going from forward to reverse makes the fuel gauge reset and read 100% until I reboot it.

My fuel gauge was stuck at 60% for a few hours last weekend. My map freezes randomly. I am not able to use the rider select switches on the left handle bar for anything more than zoom in and out.

I have noticed the fuel change twice now. Any map drama has been corrected with on/off.

The intent of this thread is to start a discussion on the bugs in the 7S display. This is not to complain or bash the display but to get out in the open and get people talking about them. I have contacted Polaris regarding most items on the list however they state they've never heard of any of the issues and think it's isolated to my unit. Hopefully with enough input Polaris will eventually see the post and this will assist in driving a software update for the display.

So far I've experienced:
  • Long Display Boot Times
  • Fuel Gauge is inaccurate
  • Screen/Map Freezing
  • Display won't cycle through screens just flickers when the button is pushed
  • Volume resets to low when ever the sled is turned off
  • Volume is too low when playing through the USB
  • Does not save trouble codes, erases them when the sled is turned of
Any one else experienced the same or different bugs?
#4 for sure. Happened a number of times.
Touch screen on map just keeps scrolling in or out on its own when touched. have to use button to be sure it moves incrementally.
Cannot find my other sled or anyone else when trying to set up a group ride. Dealer will look at that today.
Fuel is all over the place and frankly I just dont use it. I count my miles to fill up.
Reboot is only cure on first 2.

So I just heard from my dealer. Both of my 7S displays are defective and cannot connect to other 7S units. They spoke with Polaris and they indicated they are having issues and I will not see my new displays until the season is over.....Wonderful. All other funtions seem to work with a few bugs mentioned on this thread.

Are your sleds 2021 or 2022?

I just reflashed my sled with new firmware. I noticed the intro when you turn the key on to be different and there more menu options included. I have not ridden yet to know if some of the bugs metioned earlier are eliminated. I'd really like for the fuel gauge to be more accurate and prevent the fuel selection of 91 non-ethynol to stop reverting back to 87.

Last edited:
Are your sleds 2021 or 2022?

I just reflashed my sled with new firmware. I noticed the intro when you turn the key on to be different and there more menu options included. I have not ridden yet to know if some of the bugs metioned earlier are eliminated. I'd really like for the fuel gauge to be more accurate and prevent the fuel selection of 91 non-ethynol to stop reverting back to 87.
They are both 22 models.

Back
Top Bottom