• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

7s display time changes and fuel mode on its own

TurboJamie

Country
Canada
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
2018 SBA 144
I’ve been having this ongoing glitch in my gauge where once or twice a day the time will be off an hour and the fuel type changes on its own to ethanol mode.

So far I have tried updating the software

Unplugging the gauge

So far no fix.

Wife's old sled had a similar problem with her clock tried the gauge in a different sled and no problem. It ended up just making sure it was plugged all the way in. Try dielectric grease on the plug.

Someone on the other site had an excellent idea. Swap hoods with one of your buddies and see if it works like it should.
1) If it still doesn’t work it’s in the ecu or in the wiring harness on sled side.
2) If it works then it’s in the gauge, gauge software, or the wire harness on the hood side.
Not sure if they can do this, but I would uninstall all software from gauge and reinstall it. But 1st, figure out 1 &2.

Following up on this I’m at 650 miles now. The two assaults today both glitched. It’s got to be a software problem. I’ll explain what happens best I can.

Started sled in the shop this morning checked fuel type while warming up all good. Shut off to fill oil. Upon restart fuel type was wrong.

Reset fuel type to 91. Rode 76 km and had to turn around at a dead end. Used reverse.
Normally gauge does not reboot when using reverse. Gauge rebooted. Fuel was now showing 100% (was only 40%) and fuel type changed. I said screw it and kept riding didn’t want to stop to change it. Would only pull 7300 rpm. About 2 km down the trail power came back. Hit the button and it was back to 91 mode and full power.

Other assault glitched at the same point and degraded to 87 octane mode. Had to manually change it back.

Mine stayed on 91 the rest of the ride home. At home shut down to refill oil, mess with clutch weights and refill gas. Gauge again was set to 87 octane when I fired back up.

Went for a quick 40 mile ride was running mint. Turned around to come home other Assault had major det on the screen and limp mode after a short squeeze. Had to shut down and restart. Never happened again.

FWIW with fuel I put 5 gallons of C12 in my sled before I left this morning if it was the fuel it sure as hell wouldn’t detonate with that much race gas in it.

For sure we need a software update on this. I encourage guys one you get riding to see if yours changes.

I would definitely get ahold of your dealer and have them give Polaris a heads up and schedule a D wrench visit.

Following up on this I’m at 650 miles now. The two assaults today both glitched. It’s got to be a software problem. I’ll explain what happens best I can.

Started sled in the shop this morning checked fuel type while warming up all good. Shut off to fill oil. Upon restart fuel type was wrong.

Reset fuel type to 91. Rode 76 km and had to turn around at a dead end. Used reverse.
Normally gauge does not reboot when using reverse. Gauge rebooted. Fuel was now showing 100% (was only 40%) and fuel type changed. I said screw it and kept riding didn’t want to stop to change it. Would only pull 7300 rpm. About 2 km down the trail power came back. Hit the button and it was back to 91 mode and full power.

Other assault glitched at the same point and degraded to 87 octane mode. Had to manually change it back.

Mine stayed on 91 the rest of the ride home. At home shut down to refill oil, mess with clutch weights and refill gas. Gauge again was set to 87 octane when I fired back up.

Went for a quick 40 mile ride was running mint. Turned around to come home other Assault had major det on the screen and limp mode after a short squeeze. Had to shut down and restart. Never happened again.

FWIW with fuel I put 5 gallons of C12 in my sled before I left this morning if it was the fuel it sure as hell wouldn’t detonate with that much race gas in it.

For sure we need a software update on this. I encourage guys one you get riding to see if yours changes.

Good review of details not questioning there is something going on. Did you change hoods/gauges? I don't have enough time on my sled to offer insight

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom