• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

92 sp efi

Vectorman05

My indy 500 so efi has a bog when you crack the throttle wide open from an idle,when revved up its great. I know a lot of guys convert them to carbs but I don't want to do that.

Drain tank and add new fuel?? New plugs?? Fuel filter?? did you do a compression check on it to be sure that its good?

Try taking the injectors out and hooking them up to a 9volt battery so they operate and spray brake cleaner on to clean them out.

I'll try that, are there any long time polaris mechanics that have access to or know where to find the polaris select monitor? I have a program for the pc that is the same thing but still have to get a cable to hook up.

My indy 500 so efi has a bog when you crack the throttle wide open from an idle,when revved up its great. I know a lot of guys convert them to carbs but I don't want to do that.
Has it always bogged or did it start doing it recently? I've had 2 500efi's and they both bogged off idle a bit. I installed a higher engagement spring in the primary and it solved the bogging issue on both of them.

image.jpg

Found this this morning,I'll be switching springs on Sunday and see if that helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually that's one thing I had on.my list for you was all the polaris primary spring specs.

If u remember right ( it's been along time ) but there is a screw in the Cdi /EFI box on top of air box and its call MR screw that you can lead/ rich in the EFI system and you can read it with the select monitor ...there is little black rubber plugs in the side of the box , pull them out and you will see the screws .....

Yep,that is for idle to I think 3000 rpm after that it has no effect. I will be getting back to working on the sleds pretty quick,have to finish getting the lawn mowers going.

just for your info. the older Subaru cars used the exact select monitor. you just need to use the Polaris program for your sled. a lot of these aren't used any more. you maybe able to purchase one from a dealer that's put it in storage?

Back
Top Bottom