1. We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Assault 800 144 question

Discussion in 'Switchback Assault' started by Assault 1, Mar 24, 2019.

Im looking to purchase a assault 800 144 . What are the major changes between 2015 and 2019

1. Suspension

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Motor

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Chassis

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Assault 1

Assault 1 New Member

USA
    Years Snowmobiling:
    Snowmobile:
    F800
    Im looking to purchase a assault 800 144 . What have been the major changes 2015 thur 2019 . Thanks

3. racerdave

racerdave Moderator Staff Member Moderator

USA
    Years Snowmobiling:
    since 1976
    Snowmobile:
    AXYS Switcher 800,Indy600sp,XCSP600ves
    Axys chassis, 800HO motor and IGX rear skid was the major change in I think 17?

Last edited: Mar 24, 2019
    Bigfuse likes this.
  4. Assault 1

Assault 1 New Member

USA
    Years Snowmobiling:
    Snowmobile:
    F800
    Thats what im seeing and gauge options there all pretty similar. Im keeping my search 17 and up. Thanks

5. wayne hanson

wayne hanson New Member

USA
    Years Snowmobiling:
    Snowmobile:
    2017 800 assault
    I know in 16 Polaris went with an electric oil pump and got away from the drive on the crankshaft which I feel is a good thing. My son bought a 17 this year and has been a good sled. Just found out his exhaust valve cable (electric operated valves) has broke. Getting it covered under warranty.

6. OutCast

OutCast Active Member

There's no comparison between the Pro Ride SBA and the AXYS SBA chassis machines. I drove my friends 2012-14s and I hated the handle bars and the overall feel of the sled. My 2017 AXYS SBA 800 is an absolute BLAST to ride and for me its amazingly comfortable. The 800 HO has a few more HP as well so that's a bonus. Plus the IGX skid with tipped up rails is soooo much fun to drive.

Bigfuse likes this.