• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Assault won't start

Sara Mjelde

Country
Norway
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
Polaris 800 Assault
Hi, my Polaris 800 Switchback Assualt won't start. I've tried everything I can think of, including taking out the plugs and dragging to see if it was getting too much gas. It's really cold today, can that be part of the problem? My plugs were soaked when I changed them, I have plenty of oil and gas and the spark is ok. I managed to start it once with the electrical start but it died again almost instantly. Can someone please help me? Don't know what I'll do without my snow mobile:(

Try holding it wide open while starting.

Funny, I had the same issue with mine today. Held it wide open and it started right up.

I've had that same problem a few times. Held the throttle wide open and it lit the first pull however one plug fouled once.

Same here.
Odd that an injected motor would flood, but mine did once last week.
Wide open and pull the cord.

I glanced across something about that in the manual. It was like turn off ,pull a couple times, turn on then pull with flipper to the bar. Like a reset.

All Polaris 800's do this in extreme cold. Hold the throttle. It will always start. Also, when starting, don't just crank it. Crank for 2 seconds then release. Crank again and it will fire right up. This engine was designed for 2 pulls to start. 1st pull charges the capacitors. 2nd pull starts the sled. Works the same with E-start.

Back
Top Bottom