• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Axys beating 850 doo's

It's a stock Axys just tweaked to work better then stock. Pros800 helped the guy out with my knowledge. Glad it works .Div20

It's a stock Axys just tweaked to work better then stock. Pros800 helped the guy out with my knowledge. Glad it works .Div20
please put the link for is recepé :)
i love eating Skidoo for breakfast , and here in Québec (skidoo land) we have a lot to eat.........

Align clutches

Belt to sheave at 0.015"

Spider to tower 0.003"

Machine primary for overdrive

Let secondary float 0.120", 0.060" in from tool,0.060" out from tool.

Slp torque strap

Adjust belt deflection so track spins on stand ,but doesn't squeal while idling.

Let track hang 5/8" freely

Lower fts to one inch, pull limiter tight when ur sitting on it and back off one inch (need someone to help do this )

1.70 ratios with ripsaw or cobra

1.80 ratios with 1.75" and 2" lugs

Softest suspension you can handle with light ski pressure, but can turn with shapers

Chain looser then stock spec

This is some

Align clutches

Belt to sheave at 0.015"

Spider to tower 0.003"

Machine primary for overdrive

Let secondary float 0.120", 0.060" in from tool,0.060" out from tool.

Slp torque strap

Adjust belt deflection so track spins on stand ,but doesn't squeal while idling.

Let track hang 5/8" freely

Lower fts to one inch, pull limiter tight when ur sitting on it and back off one inch (need someone to help do this )

1.70 ratios with ripsaw or cobra

1.80 ratios with 1.75" and 2" lugs

Softest suspension you can handle with light ski pressure, but can turn with shapers

Chain looser then stock spec

This is some

Wow , thank you very much, that is great information,

Can you explain this step for me a little better please? I get the fts but the limiter tight?

Can you explain this step for me a little better please? I get the fts but the limiter tight?
If you're studded only. Pull limiter strap so both ends are about 1" apart.
This stops some of the transfer on assault from being a wheelie machine and a better hole shot machine.
IMAG1265.jpg

If you're studded only. Pull limiter strap so both ends are about 1" apart.
This stops some of the transfer on assault from being a wheelie machine and a better hole shot machine.View attachment 1891

Thanks for clarifying Brock. What would be your take on the minimum amount of studs to run to get away with pulling the limiter strap? I have 114, 1.520" INS Hornets.

Also, do you pull up from the bottom or down from the top or both to tighten to the ~1" gap?

ProS800 (Tom) has been posting vids on the fb groups of him waxing 850s, cats, and sidewinders the last couple days with his SB. And he doesn't even have his A1 setup in it right now. Ice drags in St. Germain

ProS800 (Tom) has been posting vids on the fb groups of him waxing 850s, cats, and sidewinders the last couple days with his SB. And he doesn't even have his A1 setup in it right now. Ice drags in St. Germain
Toms learning from a smart guy LMFAO:DO O

Toms learning from a smart guy LMFAO:DO O

I think Tom and I are still "Jury's out" if the machining the primary for more overdrive is beneficial or harmful. Hopefully we can test at Cable at the Roast. The other Axys that was running real good there as Tom knows is my neighbor, my sled is set up identical except I have the BMP Head and Primary Clutch touched up by Indy Dan. Just had my TPS adjusted to spec. so we'll see if that helps, if not I'll try a different BMP Tune....

I also wonder if the OEM belt works better vs. the Gates CF belt for racing/top end.

I tried swapping belts from oem, gates, and dayco and no difference in rpms. That was on my indy dan primary.
Im not liking that clutch. Only pulling 66 grams with it. I bolt on my stock spare primary without overdrive and i pulled 68 gram polaris weights and 8,400 rpms on a short pull. Never could do that with ny indy dan clutch no mater what i changed. Unfortunately i had some bad luck and a bolt fell into my clutches destroying my spare stock primary and my team tied secondary. So when i was racing the 850s i had the indy dan clutch on with pretty much a stock secondary. Felt like a turd up top. Still could only pull 66 grams of weight and only hit 8250. Im getting another stock primary tmrw and a team teid secondary and just put in what i had on friday at st germain and if it rips again that indy dan clutch is going in the garbage

I really just wanted my clutch balanced but indy dan was like well we machine all our clutches for overdrive so i assumed he knew what he was doing. Now i see his clutch covers are failing to. Going back to stock lol

Back
Top Bottom