• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

booost the long rod

shnill

Country
Canada
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
'12 pro-R 800 mod
so i got myself a silber turbo kit for the Indy longrod engine. can't wait to set this thing up. i'm gonna be going with a low compression head from dan so i can run a little more boost on pump 91. dyno tune will be done at Jaws. we should be able to make his low alt setup run

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

is he running a similar set up?

i can't find him on the members search

I'm not to familiar with silber, however low compression head is a great idea, silber reflashes the ecu and I'm sure changes the timing curve .You might want to ask Jason from silber on this. cutting the compression and pulling timing down low will make it not responsive, I'm running stock timing and no E key. my head is cut at 10.4 to 1 the only way to control boost on the silber is with a waste gate spring change,so make sure you have options when you go to Gregs..

also you will be limited on fueling,trying to make more power unless you piggyback another control box,I think these kits are plug and play, not much tuning capability good luck,any questions I will help if I can..

i talked to silber, they said run the stock compression. i have a boost controller with the kit. i have to get a 2013 ecm and they flash it, i have a PCV to piggy back if needed.

i don't have the kit in my hands yet. i want to run 5-7psi on 91 pump

Last edited:
the biggest issue your going to run into is the ability for the exhaust to get out threw the turbine side when turning up the boost. find out what the A/R is of the exhaust housing and the specs on the turbine wheel. the pipe back pressure can be a problem with higher boost levels, one thing to help this is the external waste gate,which the silber uses. when I tested first time at Gregs my set up was internally gated,since then I have changed it to external with a Tial valve. next step for me is test on my loader and verify pressures,which might mean slightly bigger turbo,I don't want to change the spooling time that it has currently,but I do want more power so I would sacrifice some lag for 30 more ponies

Last edited:
it's the garrett 2860 turbo. how much boost are you running? ill be happy with 5psi if it makes 200hp.

I'm currently running on the trail just over 6psi with the waste gate set at 5psi, pump gas..5 psi wont net you 200 hp on gregs dyno..your going to need about 9..can you upgrade to the gtx? version that will spool quicker. we tested at 7.2 and made 185 hp range at Gregs

i bought it used, it doesn't use their new type intake. it's actually a box. i hear that is better. 185 isn't very exciting to hear. mine should be around 160 right now. is you engine all stock except the head and just the turbo?

this kit has 2 more fuel injectors you add, not sure if that is a plus or not

Auxiliary injectors are a must
You need to remember a stock sled at Greg's is about 140 stock .
That being said with my sled all stock except the head cut put me about 130 for hp. So we added over 50 hp with the turbo kit at this point. Does this clarify better?

You need the other injectors to make more power. Stock injectors I hear are only good for 7 lbs. Also the intack track becomes wet, which is better then just air, better for crank cooling,reed life, and mostly luberication..

oh ok - yeah i knew his numbers weren't inflated. so you like the setup then? i've never seen anyone run one. only louis's rmk. you in ottawa? i'm out in winchester.

I'm in up state NY, there are a few of us running low elevation turbo kits. I do like the set up,needs to be tweeked a bit for higher boost IMO and I will have the answer to this once I go back to Gregs. To make safe power in the 220-250 world, the turbo will have to have a slightly bigger housing to let it breath..Ive got one in mind

a bigger turbo housing? i'm just getting into this turbo 2 stroke game so i don't know all the tricks and theory's to get that big HP. i'm only 20mins from gregs - i'd like to see you guys tuning. ill be there at some point this summer. ill set up the kit as per silbers instruction, base line it and see what greg can do with the fueling and timing. i have the power commander that does both.

do you have any videos of your sled with the turbo?

I just have pictures, of you would like you could join me when I go back up there to hang out. Always interested in meeting fellow Polaris owners

IMG_0265.jpg
This is what I have at present time, muffler will be changed and most likely the turbo too

Back
Top Bottom