• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Broken record but info is appreciated!

Cory587

Country
Canada
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
2016 pro x switchback
Hi guys and gals, im looking to add some minor mods, clutching and gearing to my 16 prox switchback 800. As of right now its fully stock. Its got a 1.375 cobra not studded....yet. Current weight 170lbs without gear. Do alot of trail riding but looking for something that'll run well in 1000-1500ft. I've been scanning these forums and found lots of good info. so this is what i'm looking to do.
Bikeman pipe
power commander or bully dog from bmp
primary: adjustable weight, most guys seem to be running ssi, turbo mgs, 60-70g?
120/220 spring
Secondary: 50/44 FP
140/220 spring
1.74 gearing (23-40) 70p chain

Does all this seem to be a decent staring point? so any guys opinions. Got alot of info from Brocks posts so any other opinions are appreciated. Any good Stud patterns/ lenghts recommended? Best place to get these clutching parts?

Starting point I guess??

If you’re a hardcore tuner that doesn’t mind changing set screws for different conditions, elevations, temps. Etc... turbo mags . I suggest these for tuners only . It’s an aggressive profile and takes some testing to make them work

Or go to dalton set screw adjustable as it’s like the 10 series weights and easier to tune.

yea, not really looking to constantly adjust every day. Ok, how does everything else look? Can i use the power commander with the bikeman pipe? or am i better off with their bully dog?

Get these.
6d00444c99c49e6391c03c21235ed2e9.jpg
ba1af25223fdca203d9bda6579054e0a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Get these.
6d00444c99c49e6391c03c21235ed2e9.jpg
ba1af25223fdca203d9bda6579054e0a.jpg

I agree, those weights are a good choice. SLP has great customer service as well. Easy to adjust and only need a few springs to make them work.

Use less weight then you think. These work heavier. If you norm use 68 try 66 first etc

Use less weight then you think. These work heavier. If you norm use 68 try 66 first etc

You will need to run more primary spring with these weights. 140/330team, 160/340slp, 165/327team are all good.

Bullydog is better with the BMP pipe.

yea, not really looking to constantly adjust every day. Ok, how does everything else look? Can i use the power commander with the bikeman pipe? or am i better off with their bully dog?

All bd tunes we’ve tested on the Dyno are lean. Low on fuel lbs/hr too. Up to you??

Ask doc on here about that as he Dyno tests too and sold his bd .

Run the bikeman pipe alone or with a safe afr map we’ve made. Up to you?

As for primary weights. I can’t speak for slp magnums as I don’t know the profile.
I do know the Dalton’s set screw style very well and get great times in ET on them too

So secondary setup looks OK? Gearing is right? I've been hearing a lot about guys running a lot longer studs than recommended. And suggestions in that department? Patterns, quantity, length? Sorry for all the questions guys, really appreciate the responses. I know I have a tall order here and know it won't be perfect from the start, just looking for good suggestions to get me heading in the right direction. Thanks again

Is the 50/44 helix a custom cut? Can't seem to find that specific helix on Dalton or slp sites.

Venom. And you get another angle also.

Back
Top Bottom