• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Check engine light

Mauiman

Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
2016 Polaris switchback pro s
Finally got to take my 2016 pro s 800 out to break her in ! I'm up in Greenville me and first 300 miles where pretty good ! But coming back last night a check engine light is showing up now stays on until I go full throttle then it will shut off for a minute then reappear ?? I am going to try to pull codes in a hr or so any ideas has this happened to anyone else ??? Also didnt want to go past 70 mph after light comes on ! I assume that's some sort of limp mode

Last edited:
Until you read the code or codes, can't be of any help at all. Do however suggest you not push it hard like that until you know whats actually happening.

IMG_1479.JPG
Until you read the code or codes, can't be of any help at all. Do however suggest you not push it hard like that until you know whats actually happening.

Attachments

• IMG_1474.PNG
    IMG_1474.PNG
    116.2 KB · Views: 5,790
  • IMG_1475.PNG
    IMG_1475.PNG
    106 KB · Views: 10,444
  • IMG_1476.PNG
    IMG_1476.PNG
    99.5 KB · Views: 13,338
I got these from manual
Voltage Too High

Voltage Too Low

Learn Failure

Hardware Failure

Commanded Pos. Not Achieved

PWM Set Missing

MAX Temperature Exceeded

Signal Out of Range - Valve Open

Should I reset it and see if codes come back ?? And how are codes reset :)

Should I reset it and see if codes come back ?? And how are codes reset :)
Well had it at dealer he pulled 1401 and 1407 and reset the computer all voltages were good so I took it home and tried it !!! Ten minutes later same codes came up :( so back at dealer today to have it looked at again not cool 400 miles and sled is in shop pos

That bites, please let us know how you make out.

I got a call from the dealer after my sled be in there for over a week they changed out the actuator that they believe was the problem and it turns out it wasn't the check engine light came back on after they took it out for a test ride now I feel like they just pulling parts and replacing them to try to fix the problem

So I am at dealer writing this they found issue it was chafed wires that go into a resister or capacitor near spare belt holder they pulled one of another sled and fixed it in just getting security enabled then in off and will test it myself later tonite !!!!!! Hope it's fixed :)

Lmao the dummy tried to update the security on the sled and didn't know how to do it correctly and messed up everything it wouldn't start he thought he fried ecu ! They are supposed to have power to idd and ecu at the same tie ! So another guy comes and helps still no luck the updated firmware and nothing so I leave sled last night ! I go there today to make sure they are atleast working on it and guess what it's still in my trailer ! So they say a expert will be there at 330 to look at it ! So I ask since you never disconnected the battery when you tried to start it that would not let the sleds ecu reset ?? They laugh and say know but I ho and try the sled myself out in the yard and first pull it starts !!!! Absolute idiots I hate dealerships most of them are morons !! So I tell them forget the security I'm done I'm taking my sled

I have a Polaris Pro-X 2015 and the yellow engine light started coming on, then the engine would stall. The engine temps were around 130 Degrees and when it was running, it had full power and no bogging.
The engine would start immediately, but then stall again. If I waited a few minutes, the engine would run and go for another 20 miles.
I pulled the spark-plugs and they were both light powder brown (which is good), but they were worn and had some crud. Changing the spark plugs seemed to have solved the issue.

Back
Top Bottom