• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

clutch cover guard

jordon

Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
2016 rmk 800 155
wondering if anyone with a 16 rmk is having the same issue as me, so my clutch cover guard keeps bending in the same place every time and it ends up hitting my clutches. I've only had the sled 1 winter and I've replaced the guard now will be the third time. wondering if its the oil tank weight sitting on it? and is there a stronger one i could put on to resolve this problem? thanks

Here's some pictures to show you what it's doing it's only got 500 miles on it and I've brought it in 2 times to the dealer I bought it from and they have no idea why it would do this

Attachments

• IMG_1178.JPG
    IMG_1178.JPG
    33.5 KB · Views: 440
  • IMG_1179.JPG
    IMG_1179.JPG
    31.1 KB · Views: 443
  • IMG_1180.JPG
    IMG_1180.JPG
    21.4 KB · Views: 430
There has to be some over structure issues as we have tipped over and rolled over our machines more times than I care to count and never had an issue. Is it possible there has been a steering shaft or roll over accident that may have cracked the top of the structure where the steering post connects? Pull the plastics off and look around and take pictures and post them here>
gtwitch in wyoming

Didn't see any cracks or bends or anything like that is this what you wanted me to take pictures of?

Attachments

• IMG_1244.JPG
    IMG_1244.JPG
    32.7 KB · Views: 395
  • IMG_1245.JPG
    IMG_1245.JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 398
  • IMG_1247.JPG
    IMG_1247.JPG
    35.6 KB · Views: 423
  • IMG_1249.JPG
    IMG_1249.JPG
    35.7 KB · Views: 412
  • IMG_1250.JPG
    IMG_1250.JPG
    40.5 KB · Views: 417
A definite kink in the middle outside.

Since the clutch cover has no problems that I've ever heard of??
Has to be something making it bend at that point?
How about the two attach points of cover? Is the front of attach cover point bent back ( just over a arms) forcing it?

Back
Top Bottom