• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Decision on Gear Ratio - Track Swap

OutCast

Switching the track on the ASSAULT tomorrow. Taking the 2" off and installing the 1.352 Cobra. I believe Polaris equips the Assault with a 1:74 ratio for the 1.352 Cobra.
I think I'll go 22/41 1:86 ratio 70p chain. Has anyone had a chance to try a couple different gear combos yet?

I'd gear a little higher running a 23 43 with a 2" now sled loves it don't know why they gear em so low , with a 1.325 I'd try a 25 42 maybe just make sure your clutching is on point

Ya 25/42 is a 1:68 ratio. I was thinking a lot lower than that as mentioned above.
Shitty thing is having to re calibrate on digital wrench for gear changes. Pisses me off cause I like experimenting with different combos.
And yes I agree the 2:10 ratio is waaaay too low. And I was originally thinking 1:86 for the 2" track!

Yeah running a lower gear ratio will be fine you'll just have to start from scratch with your clutching the 144 skid is a "free" rolling chassis think some big top end numbers could come out of these

I have a chart for the 2:86 drivers which the chaincase combos still apply but want to see the correct RPM and MPH readings.
Dustin you said in the post above that you are running 23/43... Did you mean 24/43 cause that combo isn't on the chart?

Why can't you use the pro ride or Indy charts? Choose the appropriate gearing combo using the axys chart and reference the pro ride chart using the ratio you choose to see top speed at the various RPM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because the chaincase centre to Centre's are different on the Pro Ride Chassis and AXYS Chassis.
So gear and chain combos will be different.

Right but once you choose a gear combo then calculate the ratio why can't you go to the same ratio on the pro ride chart to determine speed and rpm?The change in centre to centre only affects the acceptable gear combos based on the slack of a specific length chain (pins).

Once the ratio is determined (ex 1.74) all everything in the pro ride chart should still apply as they have the same drivers/pitch and clutches. It's a bit more work but it should still provide accurate results.

Its the chain pitch for the specific chain case I want to be able to quick reference a chart.
All gear combos are not the same for needed chain pitch.
24/39 on the Pro Chassis uses a 72p chain.
24/39 on the AXYS Chassis uses a 70p chain.

And I should have stayed in my post about also wanting the chain pitch related to the gear combos on paper.

I have sheets for a lot of stuff printed off in a binder in the garage. I open it to a particular page, Scroll through and there it is.
Just easier and simple as every minute of my time is valuable lol

I tried 24 43 but was geared a little to high for the 2"

Attachments

• IMG_0266.JPG
    IMG_0266.JPG
    75.8 KB · Views: 4,719
Its the chain pitch for the specific chain case I want to be able to quick reference a chart.
All gear combos are not the same for needed chain pitch.
24/39 on the Pro Chassis uses a 72p chain.
24/39 on the AXYS Chassis uses a 70p chain.

And I should have stayed in my post about also wanting the chain pitch related to the gear combos on paper.

I have sheets for a lot of stuff printed off in a binder in the garage. I open it to a particular page, Scroll through and there it is.
Just easier and simple as every minute of my time is valuable lol

Understood outcast. [emoji106]It just wasn't clear that you wanted the chart for future shop reference and not just a quick check of speed and RPM for a specific gear combo/ratio. If you get one make sure you post is in this thread as I'd like to have a shop copy as well.

Yup for sure. I would think they should have been in the manual but nope.
Maybe someone with an XCR could check their manual.

Anyone reading his have an XCR that could look in the manual to see if there's a gear chart in there?
Snap a pic and post it please!

Went with 22/41 for a 1:86 ratio. Keeping the 2" track on frig it!
I have 2 INDY 800s in the garage. One for racing as it's heavily modded and the other is a stock trail sled.

Went with 22/41 for a 1:86 ratio. Keeping the 2" track on frig it!
I have 2 INDY 800s in the garage. One for racing as it's heavily modded and the other is a stock trail sled.

Post an update in your findings with the gear Change. I've got a 2" in the garage and am waiting for the right snow conditions to change it from my studded cobra. I'm not sure I'll be happy on the trail with the stock 2" gearing.

Isn't that just the normal rush/switchback chart which doesn't work with the 2.52 pitch drivers?

Yes I noticed it after I started analyzing it. The gear combos still apply but the MPH/RPMs will be different, but not by much really.

Back
Top Bottom