• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

FULL PROGRESSIVE HELIX RECOMMENDATION pro 800

MR INDY

Country
Canada
Years Snowmobiling
32 yeras
Snowmobile
2016 Pro S 800 switchback
Rode my buddies Axies switchback 800 and he has the 50 /44 full progressive cam and mainly trail riding i would like to install a full progressive in my pro r 800 would this angle work for my sled .
thanks

I run a 54/44 in my INDY with a 140/240 spring. Pulls very hard. The AXYS has a different power delivery than the Pro Ride Engines. Not saying it won't work. A 74/44/46 works pretty much as well as the Fully Progressive in my sled as well.

I've tried the 70/44.46 and 70/42.46 with 66 grams to 70 grams with stock secondary spring and 140/200 and 140/220 so this weekend i am going to try the 70 helix with a 140/260 (not a fan of heavy spring pressure)and a 66/44.46with the 140/220 see if one of these help

well after this weekend tried
the stiffer secondary spring worked OK for the first 5 miles but my clutches were hot with the softer spring are usually cold can't get the sled to rev over 8000 sled reved the same with 220 finish as 260 finish
the 220 spring was more consistent with the 70 start and 66 start the 66 start worked better than the 70 all round I have 71 grams right now from have tried 68 to 71 grams the Rpm end up in the same number. 7900 to 7950 going to take some weight out back to 68 with the 66 start to see if that helps I have tried different clutch thing the does run different with the changes but could final Rpm at 7900 could it be something else ???low compression cracked reeds ves system still don't see any oil out of the line ANY Y thoughts
seen 109 mph this weekend at 7950

Exhaust bellows torn? Valves dirty and sticky?
Is it running rich on top end?
What primary spring you running and did you mark your clutches to see how far up the primary the belt is running?

Just wanted to say thanks to the DR. for figuring were I went wrong with my clutching and all the other that replied with the help full tips( outcast ,Brock ) I have tried a few combination the sled has always ran good but just not that consistent so I do know from my triple years with steel picks if it hooks really hard the engine and clutches will pull a lot of weight and big cams but with trail riding my aggressive tune up would work sometime and not pull Rpm other times I changed my cam put in the full progressive cam 50/44 f 68 gram belly buster 140 300 primary and 140 220 secondary ran 400 miles on the weekend and this was lit light a Christmas tree even when it didn't pull full Rpm it would be able recover and get the full Rpm out of it seen 109 this weekend across and average lake conditions so I am really happy at this point i am going to try the same weight just going to change the location of the weight i have a set of Speedwerx q1 and I will mod my 66 gram stockers to 68 to add some tip weight to try to turn the top end up a little more thanks again DR

Back
Top Bottom