• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Headlights flashing on 2016 Pro S Switchback

Maine-rider

Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
2016 Pro S
My headlights are now flashing, almost like a strobe light. Only when driving, headlights are fine while idling. The handwarmers and heated shield didn't seem to be working well either. I have read that it could be a capacitor, voltage regulator or short circuit. Anyone have this problem ?

I would switch out the relay located in the bag above the clutch guard. See if that helps. I use the aftermarket Panasonic ones.

On that note I'd change ALL the relays in the sled to the Panasonic ones, get rid of the cheap chinese OEM ones.

I had that problem. I was told there are 5 capacitors and one of them controls the headlights. I was on a trip in the UP and got serviced at Pat's Polaris in Greenland. It took about 20 minutes and I was on my way.

I replaced the relay above the clutch and the capacitor associated with the headlights. I bought both, it was zero degrees and I was going on a 170 mile ride, so did both at the same time. It solved the problem, I'm not sure which one was the issue.

Back
Top Bottom