• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Help??

BarryC

Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
2019 Polaris Assault Swithback
Good Morning,
Im a new member and looking for some help, please!

I have a 2009 Polaris Dragon 800 SP that's been sitting in my garage for years. The sled is immaculate I just don't use it anymore because the Stator went bad (many do on these sleds) and I never took it to get fixed.

My question is:
IF I understand correctly the flywheel needs to be removed in order to swap the Stator, HOW do I remove the flywheel? Ive looked on youtube but only see ATV flywheel removals. I have time and would much prefer to buy a proper tool VS using pipes and jerry rigging things if thats what it takes.
Any help is GREATLY appreciated!

Ty, Have a great day!!

Pick up a service manual, it'll walk you right thru it. You are going to need it for the specs for the pickup gap when you install the new one anyway.
I linked a used one from EBAY below.
A special puller is required to remove the flywheel, the part# will be in the manual.

Pick up a service manual, it'll walk you right thru it. You are going to need it for the specs for the pickup gap when you install the new one anyway.
I linked a used one from EBAY below.
A special puller is required to remove the flywheel, the part# will be in the manual.

Great Advice, Ty!!!!

Back
Top Bottom