• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Hot pipe switch

Brock

Country
Canada
Years Snowmobiling
30+
Snowmobile
Polaris
IMG_0036.JPG
made these awhile back and never had a chance to Dyno test with a stock 800 axys . Jim at dtr has one on Thursday. It's to get proper pipe heat that we never see on trail/racing , etc

I'll let everyone know how it goes

What does it do ?

How is it raising pipe temps ? ,

Or is to just tricking the computer to think the pipe is up to temp ?

It's to fool ecu into optimal pipe temp . This in turn gives more timing .

Pipe heat is key and since Polaris has its optimum temp so high , it's almost impossible to get while trail riding or racing . Cat and doo use a lower pipe temp vs Polaris.

I made the switch to go from stock to hot .

We've done this before with success ( cat guys use it in racing). We will see if it works or not Thursday?? It depends on ecu ??

Jim at dtr is ready to test this

Can't wait to see the results!

Yeah details if it works following your testing. Thanks Brock!

Glad your on Team Polaris hopefully theres more sled lenghts coming are way

Switch didn't work good . The ecu didn't like it . Made it go pig fat from about 7500 -8500 rpm
Oh well, it was worth a try as it works on cats. But the cat ecu isn't as sophisticated as the Polaris .

The pipe bung does work though , raised temps 100+

I was told not to do that

Moving the exhaust probe bung did work on Dyno though . Like I said , it got pipe heat up 100+ degrees.

Did you ever try the built in powercommander launch mode? It does work. Will get pipe hot real fast. Same concept as the dragon button on the snocross sleds. retards timing

Did you ever try the built in powercommander launch mode? It does work. Will get pipe hot real fast. Same concept as the dragon button on the snocross sleds. retards timing
Yes, that's not quite what I'm trying to do though . Jim at dtr helped develop those way back and I'm testing there so it's great that way .

It's just the desired exhaust temps are never achieved with actual.
Many ways to do it . Going to try more stuff that's inexpensive. That's why I'm doing this . So guys don't have to buy an expensive controller.

doesn't the stutter blow the reeds out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is this switch like slp pipe temp resistor? Trying to fool the ecu in to thinking pipe is cooler or hotter to make sled run leaner or richer? I have heard there are 30+ different maps in the ecu controlling stuff. Seems the best way to make pipe heat is the internal stinger pipes like ssi, bmp, straightline mountain version.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom