• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

hot start issue 17 xcr 8

polaris754

Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
17 xcr 800, 2000 xcr 800 x2 95 xlt sp
Hi all recently have a new issue that reared its ugly head, sled starts runs fine from cold , if i stop for a break any where from 5 to 10 mins, when i restart the sled the idle seems low ranges from 1500 to 1800, if i try to ride off the sled will buck and jerk,, with in a min or less it stops this issue and runs fine , can duplicate each time, now if i start the sled and let it run at idle , less than a min and let it reach normal idle speed 1900 /1950 it has no problems ,owned sled since new , 2500 miles no other werk has been done to it other than maintenance, any ideas ? or anyone else have this issue? no ses light on but not sure a code would be stored during the event due to no battery memory till next start , thanks Mike

Hi all recently have a new issue that reared its ugly head, sled starts runs fine from cold , if i stop for a break any where from 5 to 10 mins, when i restart the sled the idle seems low ranges from 1500 to 1800, if i try to ride off the sled will buck and jerk,, with in a min or less it stops this issue and runs fine , can duplicate each time, now if i start the sled and let it run at idle , less than a min and let it reach normal idle speed 1900 /1950 it has no problems ,owned sled since new , 2500 miles no other werk has been done to it other than maintenance, any ideas ? or anyone else have this issue? no ses light on but not sure a code would be stored during the event due to no battery memory till next start , thanks Mike
Could be the fuel filter or the belt deflection could be off (belt riding too high in secondary)

Last edited:
its not a drive line issue. def engine fuel dose sound like a possibility, but i dont hear the famed pump whine

gonna try some seafoam then thanks

update been several rides since post ,did the seafoam and added a bottle of mr mechanic, seems fine ,think it was gummed injectors, thanks for all the input

Not sure what you have for gas around you but I make sure to run a really good detergent gas like Shell, Exxon/Mobil or Sunoco for the first tank of the year(and as much as I can throughout the winter) to help clean any gunk that may have formed over the summer. Also from your first post, it will not store codes unless you have a battery. If one pops you have to read it before shutting the machine off.

yup kinna thought that about the codes no battery no memory

nothing but shell fuel since day one

Interesting, because thats what I've been running primarily too. There was an interview with one of Shell's chemists on one of the auto sites a while back where even he recommended jumping around brands once and a while since they all treat injector cleaning & deposits slightly different.

I just joined this site for this exact reason. Both my buddy and I have 2017 800’s and are having the same issue. Tried adjusting the the belt with no change. We just finished up a 1400 mile week and the problem got worse as the week went. Prior to riding this week we added seafoam and didn’t seem to make a difference. Both sleds have between 6500 and 7000 miles.

Back
Top Bottom