• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Indy owners what ya got?

racerdave

Staff member
Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
since 1976
Snowmobile
AXYS Switcher 800,Indy600sp,XCSP600ves
2015 Indy 600sp for me. Bought new April. I've bought a used rear rack and bag for it. a Wide Clyde windshield. I really liked that shield on my 12 Switchback Pro R 800. I am debating a 128 Cobra and extensions from Tracks USA. Thinking about a RMK seat with the red side panels. December is a long way away!

2015indy6.JPG

Last edited:
Eddie from east coast is a member.

Chime in bud.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Hey Guys. New to the Forum. Here's my 2015 INDY SP 800
Made it the sled I wanted by adding some cosmetic stuff and performance mods.
List as follows...
1.5" Camoplast Intense track, Red Hand Guards, White Skid Plate. 12v Plug. Changed to the Rush Guage, added some INDY SP Decals under the Polaris and numbers as well. White Windshield and White Pro-Steer skis and an 8" SPX wheel kit!
Also added Bunke Race Valved Shocks all around. Put a Tunnell Wrap on the back tunnel.
Here's a couple Pics...

Last edited:
Sharp sled cast. Is all your racing on snow?

Thanks Dave. And yes all Snow Drags. Not really any ice racing in our area. Always lots of snow where we Drag Race.

2015 Polaris Indy SP 600 for me with curve xs skis.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Brett and outcast.

What are you guys running for trail gearing??

Stock gearing was 22-40 for 600. I went to a 22-41 a ratio of 1.86 I believe.

I still say the Indy is the best bang for your buck. :cool:

Fast chassis too.Smiley Faces

23/40...1.74 ratio for trailing and 660. Didn't need anymore to beat them ETECs and Cats

1.74 seems to be the magic number.

Been using all my polaris sleds in a 1.7 ratio range for 15 years. It's a good ratio for trail riding, top end and racing. Anything in a 1.7 ratio just simply works.:cool:

:D

Here's my 2013 Indy 600 ST (Storm Trooper) I found a deal to good for me to pass up a few weeks ago so I bought. Felt too weird not having a sled in the garage to tinker with while I waited for the switchback.

Attachments

• 20150912_204519.jpg
    20150912_204519.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 843
Son and I brought it home yesterday. Boy have times have changed.
35+ years ago the first thing I would have done was put the lowest windshield on I could find, or cut down the oem shield. Today, while it is not the tallest shield available, I am putting a Wide Clyde shield on, for much better protection! It was funny yesterday my son went with me to pick up the sled. He will ride it it when he is able to go. First thing he said was, It needs a lower windshield. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree

IMG_5362.JPG

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Is there anything better than unwrapping a brand new Polaris Sled delivered on the crate...
Picked up this 2015 INDY 550 for my Son.
Waiting for Christmas to give it to him but if we have snow before then he's getting it for sure!
It's gonna make a good sleeper sled in the future when I drop a Big Bore into that Chassis!

View attachment 692 View attachment 693 View attachment 691
Is there anything better than unwrapping a brand new Polaris Sled delivered on the crate...
Picked up this 2015 INDY 550 for my Son.
Waiting for Christmas to give it to him but if we have snow before then he's getting it for sure!
It's gonna make a good sleeper sled in the future when I drop a Big Bore into that Chassis!
What a great dad you are .:D

Back
Top Bottom