• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Let's start chatting about the 2017 Assault Switchback

I ordered mine too. All black, idd gauge and 4 year warranty.
Woo hoo.
Was just looking at shocks and torsion springs. Looks like we have a .359/77 degree torsion spring . Good thing is, you can get softer and firmer if needed

Cool. Do you think the setups will be similar? I have been following you alot on the pro s setups. Let us know how it works! Can't wait to see one go.

Polaris was just in my city today with all the 2017 sleds so you can check them all out before ordering. Pretty sweet

image.jpeg

Polaris axys wins real world sled of the year again. Last year the switchback. This time the rush pro s. Next year assault?

i like that the tank is 5Liters bigger this yr. Every bit helps go farther

I ordered mine too. All black, idd gauge and 4 year warranty.
Woo hoo.
Was just looking at shocks and torsion springs. Looks like we have a .359/77 degree torsion spring . Good thing is, you can get softer and firmer if needed

Looks like we ordered the same sled except I went for the new standard gauge. I have the IDD on my current sled...not impressed with it. Can't see much detail with my 52 year old eyes and find the GPS useless. I'm going back to using my Garmin on the Assault.

I think the fun factor is there because of the igx uncoupled skid and the front torque arm is the same as the pro s and pro X in the rush chassis's .
The front ride height is 0.2" higher then the pro s rush and 0.4" lower then the pro X . So it's kinda in the middle (which is good).
I really like the fact that you can buy a premium bag and not have to buy a rack like the rush chassis. It locks in on tunnel and looks sleek .
My C&A pro xcs ski's are going on as they rail the corners,no darting and get you up on the power too.
Can't wait :D

I love the GPS screen. I just used a 2016 assault for 800km. Works awesome. A must get forsure! Load the maps on it from riderx and your set.

I haven't been that impressed with the way the Rush chassis handles the bumps. Fun factor is there but big bumps are too much for this skid. Upgraded the rear skid spring to a HY Gear which worked well but maybe I should have upgrade the front skid shock to one as well? My front skid shock rubber bump stop completely blew out. Brought in for warranty and they replaced it. Had my compression dampening maxed out but still wasn't enough. I have the LE with the upgraded WE shocks but as everyone knows, the front skid shock was just a standard shock. Just not enough dampening! I've had 2 rush sleds now and could never quite get them dialed in to my liking. I'm looking forward to the new IGX rear skid in the Assault. Being un-coupled, it should still wheelie at will but also handle the bumps. Plus it has more travel than the Rush skid. Looking forward to trying it...too bad we have no snow! My dealer has a demo unit I'd love to try!

The GPS guage is great but if you didn't grow up using electronics can see how it could be frustrating. The map helped me a lot last year nice that it is built in and you don't have to mess around with an added on one. I don't think I would get a new sled without it.

The rush really needs a good front track shock because it gets pounded with that suspension. The one that comes on the xcr 2" body and hi low was supposed to come on the LE. I also blew the shock bumper out on mine less than 500 miles and some people are on there 3rd one they don't last. I'm not sure if I should bother getting it replaced or just send out to get aftermarket valving setup and HD bumper or spend 400 on the xcr shock.

I don't think the shocks that come on the assualt are that good but already lots of aftermarket stepping in with upgrades

Last edited:
On the 16 I had no prob with front shocks. But did noticed the track shocks bottoming out easy. Hopefully this new suspension is way better.

I've always used gps on my dirtbike rides and sleds. Montana 650.

Biggest plus with this polaris gps is you can have all the trails on there and never have to load it for the area your going Everytime. I have all of Canada on there so don't matter where I go.

Normal gps you won't have any trails on there unless you have been on the trail before. It's a pain compared to he polaris.

Polaris shows you where u are live on the trail at anytime even if you never been on he trail before

If any of that makes sense

I'm familiar with the IDD, it's just too damn small to see! Same with the GPS, I just can't see any detail without my reading glasses on. But my Garmin is much easier to see and has more features including trail numbers/names, safe route's across lakes, gas stations, etc...

Just zoom in on the map on the polaris

You can also buy the trail maps for garmin and install all of Canada if you wanted
Depends where you live. Trails may or may not be included on those. In my area not many mapped.

All on the polaris one though

Never mind being on a little screen. Not really and big screen gps designed for the cold and waterproof

Back
Top Bottom