• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Mirrors and handguards on a Matryx?

Bowana

Country
Canada
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
2022 XCR 850 136
New to the forum and the Matryx as well. Heavy you-tube user so I have seen all kinds of videos on the chassis. Just wondering if anyone has installed the stick-on mirrors and how they like them? I had the add=on factory mirrors on my Pro x and could not see them behind the Powernadd Handguards. Just wondering if they are worth the effort and cost to add to the XC if you can't see behind you when riding? I don't like the idea of having to take my eyes off the trail and look down at my knees in order to see behind me looking for headlights but I want to have mirrors and not sure there are many options out there.

Anyone have handguards and the mirrors and what are you using in order to see the mirrors?

Thanks everyone in advance.

You can see a headlight behind you. All I need

New to the forum and the Matryx as well. Heavy you-tube user so I have seen all kinds of videos on the chassis. Just wondering if anyone has installed the stick-on mirrors and how they like them? I had the add=on factory mirrors on my Pro x and could not see them behind the Powernadd Handguards. Just wondering if they are worth the effort and cost to add to the XC if you can't see behind you when riding? I don't like the idea of having to take my eyes off the trail and look down at my knees in order to see behind me looking for headlights but I want to have mirrors and not sure there are many options out there.

Anyone have handguards and the mirrors and what are you using in order to see the mirrors?

Handies & RMK low windshield....

Attachments

• IMG_5134.jpg
    IMG_5134.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 267
Well, I bit the bullet and installed the mirrors for the Matryx. I don't like where they are mounted, as you have to look away from the trail to see behind you. However, they do function as you can see headlights regardless of which side mirror you choose to look into.
Now to find a decent windshield that blocks out some wind and maybe provides some wind protection to your hands. I have the medium window and for a guy over 6 feet tall, you get a big blast of wind right in the centre of your chest. Rode 185 miles at -25 Celcius this week-end, and it is was not the greatest experience I have ever had on a new snowmobile. Hopefully the next size larger is much better.

I run the medium windshield with Klim gauntlets. Using spring riding gloves with no issues and the gauntlets have see thru windows to view controls.

I purchase these mirrors off ebay and love them. They are in the perfect location to see at a glance what is behind you and don't contact windsheild at full lock. All my buddies have now purchased them too. I hope this helps.

Attachments

• image0 (6).jpeg
    image0 (6).jpeg
    1,000 KB · Views: 102
I purchase these mirrors off ebay and love them. They are in the perfect location to see at a glance what is behind you and don't contact windsheild at full lock. All my buddies have now purchased them too. I hope this helps.

These mirrors look great, but I use an open trailer with a cover on my sled, so they won't work with the cover. Darn it!

Back
Top Bottom