• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

More polaris tips coming

Tick tock, tick tock
For all of us wanting to do tuning, etc... sure would be nice to know sooner rather then later! [emoji102]

It's gotta be cooling system related......thats the only , only thing that acted funny on my last trip, on the last day no less! when it was warm in the UP in March ( higher than normal temps on my temp read-out ) to an otherwise FLAWLESS running 800 HO Switchback PRO-X. I think i may wait for whatever this may be before i have them do the steering arms . intake tape/seal update.
What do you think ??

What acted funny. I don't remember hearing any cooling issues on a Axys?

I will also add, I was not enthused that Polaris eliminated the nose cooler on the Axys vs the 2012 Pro R I had. In my riding last year I was pleasantly surprised when cooling was not a issue for me. this year may differ. All that being said, I would still like to have that nose cooler.

Last edited:
That's the only variable i can possibly think of (for mine anyway)....as on that last weekend i rode - i saw temps on my display that were in the 130's....132, 134...137......and then it would go down to the normal 125 - 127 and then back up again..??. ALL winter in normal winter conditions is was consistant staying in that 125-127 temp range. on that last 5-7 miles back when i noticed the different sound or tone of the motor it would only rev out to @ 8000....8100 max and simply did not "pull" like it had all winter long. so that left a kinda sorta bad taste/feeling in my head...so i notified my dealer to check my sled when i bring it to them for the TSB's...... that's all fellas. Just trying to help out with figuring all this stuff out is all. Call me crazy, but earlier that day i had run it up to max speed & RPM and it felt great....almost like it had gotten "heat-soaked" or something. Outside air temps were almost 50 and the snow was real slushy/sugary....

For one thing, in the 130's temp won't hurt anything. We get temps up to 160+ on the dyno and doesn't hurt power or anything. Even 180.

Now, 90% of people describing this tone change its in your cvt system. And by the way, your still making well over a 150 hp at 8000. rpm.

OK..OK...I didn't mean to start anything. That was the ONLY variable i could think of that was "different" through the whole year. I adjusted my belt deflection once.......like i said i know the feel & sound of my sled. Loved every second on it this year. Just want this year to be the same or better.....looking for answers on that last ride. I have already checked for movement /slop on the primary clutch to check the motor-mounts....seemed solid. I planned on taking the Exhaust valves out to clean & check. Then let the dealer to the "Updates" Still thinking about a track swap because of where we ride mostly ( trails ) and thinking about studding and obviously re-gearing. The PRO-S swaybar is something i am contemplating also......

No offense taken at all. The temps you seen on your gauge in 50 degree weather seem very good to me.

OK..OK...I didn't mean to start anything. That was the ONLY variable i could think of that was "different" through the whole year. I adjusted my belt deflection once.......like i said i know the feel & sound of my sled. Loved every second on it this year. Just want this year to be the same or better.....looking for answers on that last ride. I have already checked for movement /slop on the primary clutch to check the motor-mounts....seemed solid. I planned on taking the Exhaust valves out to clean & check. Then let the dealer to the "Updates" Still thinking about a track swap because of where we ride mostly ( trails ) and thinking about studding and obviously re-gearing. The PRO-S swaybar is something i am contemplating also......
Who said you started something??
Messaging on these boards is subjective. You can't tell the person's mood over half the time just by a message??Dunno
I'm simply answering your question, and to say I'm 100% correct is wrong too.

The thing is.
Motor tone change can be by belt slipping badly down in secondary or in primary were it will lose rpm big time. I've heard this a million times on the drag circuit and seen it. Not all motor tone change is as mysterious as some internet chatter thinks??? To many people jump on the bad band wagon.

Anyway........

I totally understand. I was just commenting on MY sled. as earlier in that last day it ran up to 8400-8350 rpm and ripped up to almost 100mph without issue, as per normal. I will try and sit back and "hurry up & wait!" hahahahaaa!!
I also plan on updating clutch parts ( and install a new belt )....i enjoyed the "stock" set up this year...but will entertain to see if i can improve, it all depends on what i decide to do with the track swap thing & gearing? Thank you for all the great, no-bull$hit info....

I totally understand. I was just commenting on MY sled. as earlier in that last day it ran up to 8400-8350 rpm and ripped up to almost 100mph without issue, as per normal. I will try and sit back and "hurry up & wait!" hahahahaaa!!
I also plan on updating clutch parts ( and install a new belt )....i enjoyed the "stock" set up this year...but will entertain to see if i can improve, it all depends on what i decide to do with the track swap thing & gearing? Thank you for all the great, no-bull$hit info....
Out of curiosity how many miles do you have on your sled? Cause that gold spring is known to sack out pretty easily.

Back
Top Bottom