• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Need help with 08 polaris 600rr

Donald Balzer

Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
2008 polaris iqr 600rr
I have a 08 polaris 600rr . rebuilt motor , VES valves replaced , carbs cleaned and new fuel line replaced in tank. When riding it will bog out at full throttle like starving for fuel. Come to stop acts like dropping a cylinder let sit and take off will run up to top end then bog out again. I've had fuel system apart several times. Out of ideas . any help would be appreciated

I have a 08 polaris 600rr . rebuilt motor , VES valves replaced , carbs cleaned and new fuel line replaced in tank. When riding it will bog out at full throttle like starving for fuel. Come to stop acts like dropping a cylinder let sit and take off will run up to top end then bog out again. I've had fuel system apart several times. Out of ideas . any help would be appreciated

Compression is good? Fuel flow is good? Sounds like it starving on the one cylinder. Maybe floats sticking.

Compression is good? Fuel flow is good? Sounds like it starving on the one cylinder. Maybe floats sticking.
Yes top end done , plenty of fuel. And yes its starving for fuel. I've had things apart too many times to count. A little back ground about me,, auto tech for 24 plus years. So I've covered the basics.

Yes top end done , plenty of fuel. And yes its starving for fuel. I've had things apart too many times to count. A little back ground about me,, auto tech for 24 plus years. So I've covered the basics.

And you have gone thru all the clutches to be sure everything is good and moving freely?

And you have gone thru all the clutches to be sure everything is good and moving freely?
100% not a clutch issue,, it literally runs or is missing and will not rev. The other day it just quite , but by time u pop hood and go to check to see what u may have lost , it starts rite back up and runs fine. Excellerate and it pulls hard runs great then falls and repeats

100% not a clutch issue,, it literally runs or is missing and will not rev. The other day it just quite , but by time u pop hood and go to check to see what u may have lost , it starts rite back up and runs fine. Excellerate and it pulls hard runs great then falls and repeats

How many miles? Maybe a rub thru on the harness, bad CDI bad stator.. not my cup of tee electrical issues.

Back
Top Bottom