• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

New to snowmobiling

Joe Wameling

Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
2002 Polaris Edge 700
I am new to snowmobiling and I recently purchased a 2002 Polaris Edge X700. what is the best way to introduce oil into it? Is it mixed with fuel or is it put in on its own? whats the best affordable oil to use?

I am new to snowmobiling and I recently purchased a 2002 Polaris Edge X700. what is the best way to introduce oil into it? Is it mixed with fuel or is it put in on its own? whats the best affordable oil to use?

It should be oil injected unless it has been removed. Stick with Polaris Oil.

Oil can get lots of opinions. I use Polaris VES oil, have for 18 years.

being its an older sled with powervalves you can use whatever synthetic 2 stroke snowmobile oil you would like. synthetic is recommended with sleds with exhaust valves which yours has. TCW-3 classification is good. Polaris, klotz, amsoil, mystic whatever you can get easy. If you lift up hood there should be an oil tank underneath. That is where you put oil for it to be injected.

Back
Top Bottom