• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

New to the Polaris World.

MrSled

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
SideWinder
I am doing some research and I am not up on the Polaris World like I am on the Yamahas. So lets just say I am an aggressive trailer rider and want the best trail high performance sled Polaris has to offer, what would I buy and why?

The axys 800 ho motor is one of the best 800's Polaris has built.The cfi2 was good, the ho 800 is just better.
I would get a switchback as it goes off and on trail really well. The 137" skid is amazing sucking up the bumps ,groomed trails and a little boon docking. Best all around sled in my mind. (Opinions will differ).

A pro s or x switchback 800 :DRockon

i am new to the polaris scene too but from what i have learned to far, i would say the same sled that Brock mentioned

I need to give one of those a try this winter :)

If your just a flat groomed trail rider the switchback pros. If you like to rude agressive and go fast on the u.p bumpy trails the ProX rides like a cadillac in the rough stuff but gives up a slight flatter cornering to the s.But for 2016 polaris is recalbrating the to corner better.I believe it's getting the stiffer sway bar like the s has.

The axys 800 ho motor is one of the best 800's Polaris has built.The cfi2 was good, the ho 800 is just better.
I would get a switchback as it goes off and on trail really well. The 137" skid is amazing sucking up the bumps ,groomed trails and a little boon docking. Best all around sled in my mind. (Opinions will differ).

A pro s or x switchback 800 :DRockon

I'm new to Polaris also, followed Mr. Sled over here from the Yamaha side. How long has the axys 800 ho been out? I really don't have the cash this year to get a new one. Are there any "bad" years to stay away from on the used market? Are there many differences from year to year?

Back
Top Bottom