• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

new track choices

shnill

Country
Canada
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
'12 pro-R 800 mod
i need a new track, any suggestions other than the cobra? i ride 99.5% trail. i like speed lol. thanks for the input guys!

'12 pro 800 121

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

heard a lot of great things about the Talon tracks, anybody on here run those, looking to put an 1.5 on my pro x, currently have a 1 3/8 cobra on it

i read somewhere the ripsaw was faster. don't get me wrong the cobra was great, just wondering if there is anything else out there

i have 1.5 ripsaw on switchback I use to have a cobra track on it that track was not good for drag racing

I have a ripsaw 2 on my 16switch good track but would put a cobra back on in a heartbeat

A few options I would choose if I had your sled .

Get a cobra and get it cut down to 14" wide . Put 3 eight inch idler wheels in the center . ( great for loose trail snow and some racing)

Get the Ripsaw2 1.2" lug and get it cut down to 14" wide. Put 3 eight inch idler wheels in center. ( good for hard pack and some loose snow)

Get the ripsaw2 1" lug and get cut down to 14" wide. Put 3 eight inch idler wheels in center ( good for hard pack trails ). Put a bigger driver on this combination.

A few great options to choose all have pros and cons

I install a 1.25 ripsaw 2 on my doo rs 860 with 126 stud boy 1.50 power points. That track hooked nice on the hard pak, impressive hole shot ski lifts(waist high) with the right clutching. Didn't really notice a huge difference in the powder over the 1.75 (stock) sno-x track. I have cut a few tracks down before. Theres a good video on youtube of some yammi guys using a table saw. I used a skill saw,2x4 as a guide and quick clamps. Piece of cake, cut a 136 x16 down to a 136x 15.

You'll find that a Ripsaw will have the back end of your sled either to the left or right when the brakes are locked up which is not very safe. However the Cobra tracks straight when the brakes are locked up. The Cobra is great for off trail but probably not as fast as the Ripsaw. Decisions decisions decisions.

A few options I would choose if I had your sled .

Get a cobra and get it cut down to 14" wide . Put 3 eight inch idler wheels in the center . ( great for loose trail snow and some racing)

Get the Ripsaw2 1.2" lug and get it cut down to 14" wide. Put 3 eight inch idler wheels in center. ( good for hard pack and some loose snow)

Get the ripsaw2 1" lug and get cut down to 14" wide. Put 3 eight inch idler wheels in center ( good for hard pack trails ). Put a bigger driver on this combination.

A few great options to choose all have pros and cons

i have dans 9tooth high speed driveshaft.

are you adding more idler wheels ?

i had a ripsaw on my fusion and the hacksaw on my dragon. the ripsaw seems to be tougher in general, i ripped the thin rubber of the cobra

What I was trying to say was?
Only have back idler wheels on the inside of rails when cutting track to 14" wide

The bigger driver helps with more speed

What I was trying to say was?
Only have back idler wheels on the inside of rails when cutting track to 14" wide

The bigger driver helps with more speed

what advantage does the 14" give? besides weight

Just weight savings and rotating mass .

what advantage does the 14" give? besides weight

For every pound less of rotating mass removed it's like removing 7 pounds from your sled.

maybe ill do it when i grab this new track

Back
Top Bottom