• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Nothing works on the cluster

Dirty Red Neck

Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
95 Polaris Indy 500
99 Polaris 700 Triple
I have a 97' 700 Polaris Ultra and the lights used to flicker and now everything is gone. I figured maybe a busted wire so I got into it and found the yellow wire in the photo broken. I think maybe I did it trying to get the plug loose.

It is connected to that plug with a purple, yellow and yellow wire and jumpered to the main plug at the handlebar stem, its broken about flush with the plug so the question is, what does that wire do?

Second question, once I get this wire fixed, any ideas why the flickering and then the loss of all lights?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

DRN

Attachments

• 700.jpg
    700.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 211
I have a 97' 700 Polaris Ultra and the lights used to flicker and now everything is gone. I figured maybe a busted wire so I got into it and found the yellow wire in the photo broken. I think maybe I did it trying to get the plug loose.

It is connected to that plug with a purple, yellow and yellow wire and jumpered to the main plug at the handlebar stem, its broken about flush with the plug so the question is, what does that wire do?

Second question, once I get this wire fixed, any ideas why the flickering and then the loss of all lights?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

DRN

Have you tested the voltage on those wires? Could be a feed for accessories. Flicker could be a short or corroded connection.

I assumed it was likely a bad/corroded wire which was why I started at the bars, checking all connections and dielectric greasing them. Once I got to the main plug that was when I saw the pulled wire. The plug it is in is plugged in to something so it doesn't seem like an empty accessory plug/wire. I can splice the wire back, I'm not worried about that, I was more curious as to what it was for/doing? The sled started like nothing happened but I don't know much more than that.

I assumed it was likely a bad/corroded wire which was why I started at the bars, checking all connections and dielectric greasing them. Once I got to the main plug that was when I saw the pulled wire. The plug it is in is plugged in to something so it doesn't seem like an empty accessory plug/wire. I can splice the wire back, I'm not worried about that, I was more curious as to what it was for/doing? The sled started like nothing happened but I don't know much more than that.

I think you are the correct path, sometimes the light will flicker if the bulbs it out of wack in the hood.

Perfect. I didn't think about the bulbs, I was thinking wiring, I'll look into that as well. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom