• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Oil in the exhaust

Bill Bryer

Country
Canada
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
'19 Assault 850
Hey folks, wonder if anyones seen this before. Fired up my sons 2015 assault 800 to bring it in for the pre-season service. Started and idled fine - no issues. Warmed up for 10 or so min and brought it inside. The next morning under the exhaust was a small puddle of what looks, smells and feels like motor oil.. weird. I cleaned it up and a little more out this morning. We had the motor re-done last fall with a durability kid - ran great for all the 2500 miles or so he put on it. Compression test shows 125 or so / jug. Any ideas or insight to what this could be? Any help appreciated

Hey folks, wonder if anyones seen this before. Fired up my sons 2015 assault 800 to bring it in for the pre-season service. Started and idled fine - no issues. Warmed up for 10 or so min and brought it inside. The next morning under the exhaust was a small puddle of what looks, smells and feels like motor oil.. weird. I cleaned it up and a little more out this morning. We had the motor re-done last fall with a durability kid - ran great for all the 2500 miles or so he put on it. Compression test shows 125 or so / jug. Any ideas or insight to what this could be? Any help appreciated
Was the motor fogged down or oil dumped down the cylinders when the sled was put away after last year. That's actually normal to see as some of the oil will run down in the Y-pipe. Another area that will accumulate some oil is in by the exhaust valves and they will leak a little oil out. It's not unusual to see this when you bring the sled out of storage

Thanks Doug, appreciate it. I did fog it before it went for the summer nap but I thought it would have burned off. Needs to heat up and burn off. Thanks again and have a great winter

Back
Top Bottom