• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Part unknown?

Crunchie58

Country
Canada
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
2010 Polaris Widetrak 600 2 stroke
Anyone know what this is for? Just bought the 2010 sled and it was under the seat storage. Looks like a spare, I've seen it under the hood but have no idea what it is.
TIA.

Attachments

• IMG_3545.JPG
    IMG_3545.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 144
Thats a resistor that plugs in and tells the engine management system what fuel you are running.
There should be info on it on one of the hood panels and you can also look up your owners manual on Polaris website and read more on it, see below

I signed up on that forum and asked for owners manual and it said none available for that sled? But I did have an owners manual already, downloaded from a site I don't remember, lol.
Do they go bad, just wondering why there was a spare under the seat compartment. This is my first Polaris sled, had 5 yamaha's and a couple of Doo's. Hope my experience with Polaris will be a good one.

The manuals are available to the general public at that link I posted above, no need to sign up for anything. Just click the drop downs and select your year and model. They have every model listed there back to 2000. Make sure you don't have the manual for the older carbureted widetrak version.
There are 2 separate resistor plugs depending on the fuel in those models, they are marked at the flat end Ethanol and non-Ethanol. Unless you know you have good quality non-ethanol fuel, I'd leave the ethanol plug in as its the richer "safer" tune.
They talk about each in the "Operation" section of the owners manual.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom