• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Performance Mods

Pro116

Staff member
What kinds of mods do you have done or had on cfi2 sleds that work or you have tried on the Cfi 2 800 motors?
Pipes,Air box,reeds,clutching,fix it Kots,etc?

For the 800's that had carbs.
I would add v force reeds, check piston tolerances, advance timing to 1 to 2 degrees, seal airbox and add intake kits, clutch and gear.
For the cfi4, 800's it needs the Pcv map bad for the lean spot which some called hesitation back then. Without a Pcv it's not going to run right.seal airbox,intake kits, check piston tolerances,clutch and gear.

For the cfi2 800's(2011-now) with very mild port timing. Put in cat pistons,shim,(Terra Alps), trail port cylinder, check tolerances.use a Pcv, advance timing, seal air box, intake kits, leave stock exhaust on as it was that good.,clutch and gear.
For the 800 ho.
Pcv with timing, intake kits, a good pipe,clutch and gear.

I'm missing a lot of mods but this is just general.:D

Thanks Brock.
Other then clutching I haven't done much on my 14 assult or my 14 pro rmk.

I'm looking for some more bottom end power for my rmk.You lose a lot of power at 10,000-12,000 ft.
Going to put in some vforce 3r reeds,Bikeman air box lid,mapping and I think gear down.

A cheaper airbox mod is to add an extra airhorn in the shelf of the airbox. get another airbox and take the airhorn out and in your sleds airbox drill a 2" hole under the 2 airhorns and install the extra airhorn.

Back
Top Bottom