• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Pretty dead on here..

New poo guy

Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
2015 skidoo
The SBA is the best sled on snow why isnt there more interaction here? Im a life long skidoo owner and this is my first Polaris. I need info!!!! LOL

Seriously, Somebody get on here and talk about what you are doing to your new SBA...

Lol

Not as many members as other sites yet as it’s newer

Chat away

All the forums have slowed down over the course of time.
Most guys are chatting in the Facebook groups these days.
Larger audience and quicker response, but not as much knowledge as the forums.

No stinkin snow! Put a set of rox handguards on. Thru some heavier weights in primary. Cant wait to try this thing out again. Better each time i ride and this thing points skis to the sky for a long time

No stinkin snow! Put a set of rox handguards on. Thru some heavier weights in primary. Cant wait to try this thing out again. Better each time i ride and this thing points skis to the sky for a long time
Keep the ski's down and you will move forward quicker

I like it! Not much of a trail rider anymore. Thought id fire up the thread. To The op why did you switch from ski doo? I will say i love how this sled looks, handles, and performs. Its like a race sled meant for abuse. Im not gonna lie i feel its slightly behind ski doo but i havnt ridden all that much yet. It really is a 50/50 sled that works.

The SBA is the best sled on snow why isnt there more interaction here? Im a life long skidoo owner and this is my first Polaris. I need info!!!! LOL

Seriously, Somebody get on here and talk about what you are doing to your new SBA...

Traffic on the site is slow.. the snow is a major downer for sure. The site is relatively young as well so it don't have the traffic of the bigger forums. I am also curious to why you jumped onto Polaris?

first sled i try is a Rush-pro r two year ago! .. fall in love fast with it! fun to drive!! all my friend ride brp's! switching to axys was just icing on the cake!

Brock. Tried reaching out to you personally moments ago. Red Tape?? Blocked?? Must be issues I'm unaware of. Or I forgot how to send a personal message.

Brock. Tried reaching out to you personally moments ago. Red Tape?? Blocked?? Must be issues I'm unaware of. Or I forgot how to send a personal message.

He is no longer part of this site. Requested to have his account turned off.

I've been lurking around here for a while. I think this might be my first post?? I bought a SBA for this year after riding skidoo since 08. Only have about 200 miles on so far. Overall so far I'm not 100% impressed. Already had to put a set of plugs in it. It literally drank the whole oil jug in about 190 miles to the point where the low oil light was on. I am not going to say anymore than that until I get it out of break in. Have a big ride planned up north this weekend and hopefully that will make me fall in love with it. Likes - I love the suspension, seating position feels great, 144 didn't really notice it like I thought I would in the trails. Dislikes- my feet keep getting stuck in the toe holds, feels like low on power (probably a break in issue considering the oil I'm burning through). Going to play with fts this weekend to a see if I can transfer a bit more weight onto the skis so it will turn.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

I like it! Not much of a trail rider anymore. Thought id fire up the thread. To The op why did you switch from ski doo? I will say i love how this sled looks, handles, and performs. Its like a race sled meant for abuse. Im not gonna lie i feel its slightly behind ski doo but i havnt ridden all that much yet. It really is a 50/50 sled that works.
I rode a pro s last year and just fell in love with the chassis. It just fits me and is fun to ride. I was going to buy an adventure when I saw the assault I knew it was going to be awesome. I liked the way the pro s handled better than my xs sleds.

Obviously the assault is a different animal but I think it handles great. I like the gauge better than skidoo, the track options, the headlight is better, I like that it comes with a decent storage compartment, the engine is more torquey feeling than the 800 etec, front end handling is better than skidoo,, adjustable shocks come stock, chassis is LIGHT and strong (no braces needed).

Things I don't care for so far...
Snow flap is worthless
Shocks are a bit stiff
Fuel and oil economy are not as good as skidoo but not that bad either. I'm not really disappointed about it.
Idler bearings don't have seals like skidoo ones do.
Pro steer skis are kinda weak. I wish it would have come with grippers.
Overall I really love the assault and would do it again in a minute. Wish snow was better so I could ride it some more. Lined up against a 18 pro s and a 18 cat 800's and smoked em both in quarter mile and had the highest top speed of the 3. This thing is just alot of fun to ride. Can't get enough.

Im not bias to polaris. I like other brands and really do think ski doo is a touch better minus the way they are taking away more and making people buy more accessories. Ive been an internet cowboy because our snow went to crap. There is a lot of good things going on and the assault is being compared to every sled. I do think its the best sled for the money. I see guys over on other sights bashing polaris while they spend thousands doing all kinds of upgrades to there ski doos. For me out of box stock sled that performs. My 15 bcx was a good one. Had all the goods out of box. My 17 assault so far so good. This is my first polaris since my very first sled. Looking forward to see what they do for next season!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I've been lurking around here for a while. I think this might be my first post?? I bought a SBA for this year after riding skidoo since 08. Only have about 200 miles on so far. Overall so far I'm not 100% impressed. Already had to put a set of plugs in it. It literally drank the whole oil jug in about 190 miles to the point where the low oil light was on. I am not going to say anymore than that until I get it out of break in. Have a big ride planned up north this weekend and hopefully that will make me fall in love with it. Likes - I love the suspension, seating position feels great, 144 didn't really notice it like I thought I would in the trails. Dislikes- my feet keep getting stuck in the toe holds, feels like low on power (probably a break in issue considering the oil I'm burning through). Going to play with fts this weekend to a see if I can transfer a bit more weight onto the skis so it will turn.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
I pulled the limiter strap in 1/2" and it is much better now. Stock it lifts the skis too much for trail riding.

I also just switched from a xrs 800. I thought I would try something different. I started a topic looking for info on my switchback 800.

Snowtrax did there review. Anyones thoughts? They chose the assault!

Snowtrax did there review. Anyones thoughts? They chose the assault!

Do you have a link to it. May be we could start a new thread on that.

Never posted a link before. Lets see if i can

Ok its on the board!

Back
Top Bottom