• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Pro S 800 hesitation and backfire

RickyBobby

Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
2015 Switchback Pro S 800
I’m running out of ideas to my issue. My 2015 Pro S problem started with a hesitation at 85 mph three weeks ago & progressively has gotten worse after 400 miles. Were it would hesitate at 3/4 throttle above 50mph. Now is does it any speed or throttle from a start and it doesn’t go away. Prior to the sled doing it all the time, took it to dealer. They replaced the belt and tested it with a new clutch and then with my original rebuilt clutch (100miles on rebuild) with no reoccurrence. Problem seemed fix. The next 50 miles the hesitation and backfire started the same way (slightly noticeable above 50 mph) and then quickly accelerated to where it does it at any speed & from a stop. It only backfires if I push it when it hesitates. Instead of letting off the throttle. Before I spend another $400 for a new belt & shop time at the dealer. I thought to reach out for help in hopes someone else had the same issue.

I am "not" having this issue but it sounds fuel/electric related as you are backfiring. If it is a fuel pump sock/filter blockage it might be harder to diagnose in
the shop(fuel not sloshing in the tank) if the fuel pressure reading is good. I would check the exhaust valves and the exhaust valve cable then pull the fuel pump to take a peek and might as well change the sock(filter). If you are tech savy you could use a multi-meter to check the TPS reading. Could also try another dealer as they shouldn't be too busy seeing as the weather in WI has changed. Could be a fuel injector issue also. The list goes on!

I apologize if this wasn't helpful.

Back
Top Bottom