• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Rear Skid Boggie Wheel Bearings

Rbell14

Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
2021 Indy VR1 850
2016 Rush Pro S 600
Wondering how often you guys replace the boogie wheel bearings in the skid. I have 4,000 miles on mine and will be replacing them all this before this season. Do they last longer or are you guys removing the seal and adding grease each season?

I pulled the dust seal on one apart and it was too dry IMO. Still moved ok but not sure how well it would be lubricated once at operating temp.

What's your maintenance process on these?

If you talk to the bearing people the amount of grease they put in each bearing will allow for maximum efficiency.
-They say, more grease will cause "rolling resistance". Snowmobiles are one big pile of "rolling resistance" so a little more grease will make zero difference.
-They say, more grease will cause "additional heat". I'm no engineer but I'm pretty sure "additional heat", given the environment they will be used in, is not going to be an issue.
The thing they don't understand is the fact that if it's full of grease there's no room for water. No room for water = no corrosion. Fill'em up.

Back
Top Bottom