• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Rebuild work

ProX00

Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
Switchback ProX
Performance on my sled has been slowly dropping and so has the compression. Is it fairly easy to replace the pistons and rings on the motor? I've never done it but watching some online videos make it look really easy. Worse case I have a friend that could bail me out if needed but I enjoy learning to work on the engine and would like to do it myself. I would like to do this over the summer. Are there after market kits that are less expensive than with as good or better reliability?

Performance on my sled has been slowly dropping and so has the compression. Is it fairly easy to replace the pistons and rings on the motor? I've never done it but watching some online videos make it look really easy. Worse case I have a friend that could bail me out if needed but I enjoy learning to work on the engine and would like to do it myself. I would like to do this over the summer. Are there after market kits that are less expensive than with as good or better reliability?

Its easy if you have the correct specs. parts and drain the motor correctly. Have you done a compression check? I would do that before I would do new rings.

Back
Top Bottom