• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Ski alignment / camber & cowling adjustment

zachpark17

Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
1997 Polaris Classic Touring
2001 Mach Z
Hey guys, I'm new to this whole Polaris thing so bare with me! I recently picked up a 97 Indy classic touring in pretty good shape for 900 bucks. Motor only has 1800 on it. 144 picks, reverse, electric start, 2 up with back rest, driver and passenger heated grips, etc. this thing is a Cadillac compared to my Mach z. Anyway, I just put some new camoplast skis on and after the install both skis are pointed left when the handlebars are straight. This weekend I'm going to try and do an alignment on the skis. I've heard using a piece of plywood can make it much easier. Just looking for advice or suggestions. The skis are quite a bit off when the bars are straight. Not sure why this happened by just putting new skis on. The old skis seemed pretty straight in line with the handlebars. Also, the cowling seems like it's off by about a 1/4 of an inch to the left side creating a small opening on the right side. Didn't know if there was a way to adjust that either. Just trying to go through it and get it ready for the old lady and me to hit the trails with! (She does not enjoy riding on the back of the Mach). I'm very mechanically inclined so I'm assuming this alignment Won't be too bad. The camber is off on the right ski, cambered in. Not really sure why. Any advice would be appreciated. Going to start this project this afternoon! Thanks guys!

Hey guys, I'm new to this whole Polaris thing so bare with me! I recently picked up a 97 Indy classic touring in pretty good shape for 900 bucks. Motor only has 1800 on it. 144 picks, reverse, electric start, 2 up with back rest, driver and passenger heated grips, etc. this thing is a Cadillac compared to my Mach z. Anyway, I just put some new camoplast skis on and after the install both skis are pointed left when the handlebars are straight. This weekend I'm going to try and do an alignment on the skis. I've heard using a piece of plywood can make it much easier. Just looking for advice or suggestions. The skis are quite a bit off when the bars are straight. Not sure why this happened by just putting new skis on. The old skis seemed pretty straight in line with the handlebars. Also, the cowling seems like it's off by about a 1/4 of an inch to the left side creating a small opening on the right side. Didn't know if there was a way to adjust that either. Just trying to go through it and get it ready for the old lady and me to hit the trails with! (She does not enjoy riding on the back of the Mach). I'm very mechanically inclined so I'm assuming this alignment Won't be too bad. The camber is off on the right ski, cambered in. Not really sure why. Any advice would be appreciated. Going to start this project this afternoon! Thanks guys!
Anyone that can add to this in in need of passenger hand muff (gauntlets for the kids) that will fit lock and ride for my 2015 switchback and 2016 Indy voyager

Back
Top Bottom