• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

SledMagazine.com - SnowShoot- Best Pick 2016 800 Switchback PRO-X

MrSled

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
SideWinder
Taken from: http://www.motoneiges.ca/actions/page?docId=8217

Polaris

My 2016 Polaris best pick is the Voodoo Blue 800 Switchback PRO-X that I had the chance to test at the 2016 Snow Shoot. I liked the versatility of this hybrid Polaris snowmobile. Its suspension is designed to attack extremely bumpy trails with aggressiveness. Some test pilots thought it was a little rigid in more regular trail conditions. As I prefer a firm suspension that does not hit the bottom, I just adored the PRO-X suspension. It is equipped with Walker Evans™ shocks for very efficient customized adjustments. The PRO-XC rear suspension is now lighter due, among other things, to the forged aluminum parts.

20150413040600847.jpg

Polaris 800 Switchback PRO-X 2016

Polaris offer their distinctive AXYS chassis. With their different approach, the result is unique. The riding experience is enjoyable in all conditions because the pilot can easily move back on the seat to give or reduce pressure on skis. So, in powder snow, we want the front end to lift up and float on snow while on trail, we want maximum control in cornering by sitting forward. It may seem complicated, but this is very intuitive and we execute these moves without even thinking about it.

20150413040640239.jpg

Besides the chassis and the suspension, I must absolutely talk about the 800 Cleanfire HO engine. WOW!!! The performance of this engine in Montana, even at an elevation of about 10 000 feet / 3 048 m, amazed me so much that I had a permanent smile inside my helmet when I mounted a Polaris 800.

Accelerations and throttle responses are impressive with the 137" track of the Switchback PRO-X. My arms must be a few millimeters longer!!! Seriously, I am not going to describe the technical characteristics of this high performance engine, but Polaris may really be proud of this engine that performs at all speeds.

20150413040700184.jpg

The 800 Switchback PRO-X is my Polaris 2016 best pick

Also, the seat is comfortable, the controls are well located and easy to use. I like the Voodoo Blue color of our test model that catches the eye at first glance. In brief, what a bolid!!!

I ordered the pro s. That color is what I ordered is what I meant

Was reading in the new OSM magazine last night that some of the ski lift issues with the PRO X have been corrected for the 16's....that's great news!!!

Back
Top Bottom