• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

STAGE 3

I have a Stage 3 with PC5 on my 11 PRO 800 163 and rode it for 2 1/2 seasons and at 2700 miles, lost the Mag side rod about 2 miles from the parking lot last March as a result of lube loss or too little oil from the factory setting of the oil pump as I discovered in the teardown/rebuild and when i built it back I turned the oil pump up about 4+turns to get the mark in the middle of the notch. I put 40 mile breakin ride on May 8th in 17" of fresh wet snow, so, I am looking forward to first ride, Looked this morning and the last couple of days storms put 27" in the place we ride so another 20"and I will think about it! As far a Stage 3 SLP --- I think it runs strong, but for the money, I think it could do more. I would think about going to Indy Dan long rod and some of his magic, but SLP is good also.

gtwitch in wyoming

SLP porting is pretty good but on the less aggressive side. If you want more, then go with race porting and upper case porting.
Aftermarket head and Pistons has been proven for 5-6HP.
I have a motor sent out to Ted at Terra Alps now. He knows these motors well and how to make power from them. I am very excited to get this motor back!

He has had my motor all summer, took 2 months to get the crank done alone. Be patient it will be worth the wait, he is very busy. Care to share shat he's doing for you, unless it's z secret and that's cool too.

After Ted does his thing, the only difference will be exhaust valve width and the crank shaft. I have one of those non HO 800s, that he did, runs great, made good power.

The SLP Stage 3 for the Pro 800 does not have any porting changes, only heads, pipe, can, clutching and Power Commander. Like I said, for the money spent, I think it could be better, but it runs good!
gtwitch in wyoming

Back
Top Bottom