• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Stud Help (1.352 Cobra Track)

Rbell14

Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
2021 Indy VR1 850
2016 Rush Pro S 600
I have the following sleds:
2016 Polaris 600 Pro S with 1.25 track lugs
2021 Indy Matryx 850 VR1 137 with 1.352 track lugs

Based on Woody's website they recommend the Gold Digger stud (based on my type of trail riding) for both sleds (part number GDP6-1325-0)

My understanding is the base part number of 1325 is the stud length of 1.325.

This would make sense on my 2016 sled with 1.25 track lug as penetration would be appropriate; but this does NOT make sense to me on my 2021 sled with a 1.352 track lug. Stud penetration would be negative??

I plan to do single studs 2 per row for a total of 96.

Called Woody's for clarification and they said on the 1.352 cobra track that the center of the track paddles are shorter than then sides. I looked at mine and put a straight edge on them and didn't see any shorter section of the paddle.

Anyone know if this is true or if the recommended stud would offer any penetration? Maybe I'm not understanding something correctly but would like some input.

The cobra track is really a 1-1/4” lug height. The extra height is in the little rubber tips.

So I would expect to get the same stud benefit/performance with the 1325 series as I would on a 1.25 lug track?

Rhell14. Just as Just-Pinch-it said the 1.325 track is basically a 1.25 track there's just some rubber pads that slightly raise above the lug to make it a 1.325. I don't see any difference in lug height either between the outside lugs and inside that's the first I heard that. For comparison I run fasttrac studs and when I ran 1.38 fasttrac studs in a sled it hard about .312 of penetration. I've been using 1.50 fastrac studs and have about .437 of penetration. Studs are measured a little different between manufactures and I don't have any Woody's studs here right now but a 1.38 Fastrtrac stud is actually 1.75 OAL and a 1.50 stud is 1.88 OAL. Not sure what the woody's measure for OAL.

Good feedback guys! Spot on with the information.
Spoke to a rep from Camso about this track. He confirmed the same information in that it's only 1.35 lug at the ends or near the little pointed parts on the lugs. Every where else is 1.25 inch.

Said a 1325 series stud would be plenty, on hard surfaces these lugs are soft and you actually get more stud penetration. I'm just going with minimal studs of 96 or 2/row.

The recommended stud (1.325) will work fine but if you want just a little more bite the 1.450 works well too. I've used both, as well as the FastTrac 1.50 that @Doug mentioned. If you're honest with yourself and feel the traction is mostly for safety (on ice, getting up/down icy hills and staying planted, etc) and not necessarily digging in for racing with your buddies .. the 1.325 is fine. Don't be afraid to price out FastTrac though - they're an excellent stud, and the owner is a top notch guy who stands behind the product.

I'm running 96 1.45 Woody's on my 650 137 with the cobra track. I left the option with the pattern to add another 48 if needed. To early to tell yet if I need them.

I'm running 96 1.45 Woody's on my 650 137 with the cobra track. I left the option with the pattern to add another 48 if needed. To early to tell yet if I need them.

Good to know, keep me posted if you can find snow and like 96. I'm going to move forward and get some studs. With 1.45 you should hook up pretty good.

Think over getting the 1450s I run bigger than that . BUT a 1.450 over a 1.325 stud will give you room for wear on The studs as miles add up. A 1450 is what I would recommend. It’s a giant pain in ass to change studs out. So even if guys arent racers but put on some good miles in hard conditions or with a fair amount of road crossings,road riding , gravel etc. I feel they should bump it up a step over the 1.325

Went with 96 studs at 1325 length. Hooks up nice and great for trail riding application. I’m happy with the performance!

The problem withe 1.325 studs as they wear a little you loose your penetration. I use 1.575 Gold Diggers only up the middle with no issues on Axys Pro S, and Indy XC's. The XC I ran tunnel Protectors. You will get different opinions on that. On the Matryx I am running 1.500 Fastracs and you must use tunnel protectors

Back
Top Bottom