• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Suspension settings

Scooter

Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
2016 switchback pro-x 800
Just upgraded from 1996 model to 2016 switchback pro-x. LOVE all the suspension travel!
However is a bit stiffer than I would like. Have set preload and valving to softest settings, still a bit harsh. Any suggestions?

Just upgraded from 1996 model to 2016 switchback pro-x. LOVE all the suspension travel!
However is a bit stiffer than I would like. Have set preload and valving to softest settings, still a bit harsh. Any suggestions?

How much do you weigh?

I weigh the same and had the same issue as you on my 2016 I had all the clickers on zero. The problem was I stiffen the rear shock to get my ride height correct and it rode like a Cadillac after that. The problem is just sitting on the sled at that weight the shock is partial squashed and it’s already through the low speed valving. Tighten the spring to get your ride height back up so your using the full shock travel.

I weigh the same and had the same issue as you on my 2016 I had all the clickers on zero. The problem was I stiffen the rear shock to get my ride height correct and it rode like a Cadillac after that. The problem is just sitting on the sled at that weight the shock is partial squashed and it’s already through the low speed valving. Tighten the spring to get your ride height back up so your using the full shock travel.

Yes, adjusting rear spring preload seems to be the key. Sadly will have to wait till next season for fine tuning. Thanks for the help!

Back
Top Bottom