• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Switchback 2012 600 oil problem

GH-Jimmy

Country
Canada
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
Polaris Switchback 600 2012
Hey, I recently bought a switchback 600 year 2012 model from a local person here, and I have been having a problem with the oil usage on it. It sucks lots of oil through out the day, sometimes 1 bottle oil only last the day. I have tried adjusting the throttle system with the carburetors but I can't seem to figure it out, there is a bolt that is 10mm with a flat head screw, I know it increases the oil when you turn it 3 times clockwise but having a problem reversing it back to how it originally was, I removed the clutch cover, secondary clutch, airbox. Any information I'm missing? I was thinking the nut and screw was a air flow for the gas and does it have to be align with the throttle? but not sure. If I can get some help it would be gladly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Jim.

A little late to the party. But as I recall the Oil Pump and adjustment screw is in the FRONT center of the engine. Down close to the belly pan kinda to the left of the steering post.

IMG_0490.PNG
IMG_0489.PNG

Sounds like someone has had the throttle body off or unhooked from the oil pump and when they hooked the rod from the pump to the throttle body back it was not on the correct side of the oil pump and pulling up on the left side of the pump rather than the right side (has happened to me) and this full rich all the time. take a look at that with the air box off and put a mirror down and pull throttle with flipper and watch the oil pump rod.
gtwitch in wyoming

I've got basically the same sled, and when its warm, this thing drinks oil like its a lush.....there's time it would go through a quart every 80-100 miles. Not as much when it was colder, but still a lot. And this is with my kids running it.

Back
Top Bottom